UniofReading
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I currently am a Third Year Psychology student, enrolled on the Msci Applied Psychology [clinical] programme. If anyone has any questions surrounding the courses within Psychology let us know, and we will do our best to support you!

Tom
Third Year Psychology and Student Ambassador.
luckysnowflake
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi Tom!
I was wondering if the PWP element of the course was funded by the NHS as it is when you're becoming a trainee PWP out of uni, or is the funding from personal SF? Also what subjects did you have before getting in? Were there any matures on your course? I am a mature student looking to study psych, but as I am pretty sure I want a career in this and the role of PWP sounds ideal, this course really appeals to me. thanks for the help
UniofReading
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by luckysnowflake)
Hi Tom!
I was wondering if the PWP element of the course was funded by the NHS as it is when you're becoming a trainee PWP out of uni, or is the funding from personal SF? Also what subjects did you have before getting in? Were there any matures on your course? I am a mature student looking to study psych, but as I am pretty sure I want a career in this and the role of PWP sounds ideal, this course really appeals to me. thanks for the help
Hi!
It is fantastic you are so interested in this course! To break down the questions you have asked:
- The PWP element (Year 3) is not NHS funded, at this time, you still recieve/pay via student Finance.
- I studied Psychology, Maths, History and Further Maths as well as an EPQ, at A-Level. (Please note I entered the course in 2015, when requirements may be different!)
- There is a mature student enrolled on my current course, and I believe there are current/have been others enrolled on this course also!

I hope this helps, do not hesistate to ask if you have any further questions about this course, or do visit us at an upcoming open day for more information about this course and others offered by the University!

Tom

Final Year Psychology and Student Ambassador
Noella2300
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Would you recommend reading? Has the fact that it’s not Russell group inhibited you from anything in terms of career progression ? Pros and cons ?
UniofReading
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Noella2300)
Would you recommend reading? Has the fact that it’s not Russell group inhibited you from anything in terms of career progression ? Pros and cons ?
Hi!
Personally I would recommend Reading with all my heart. Although not a Russell group university, this has (so far) not inhibited anything in terms of future career or current experience of learning.
In terms of the experience more so at Reading in Psychology, whilst studying it has offered a huge mix of different experiences which has developed my analytical skills related to Psychology. Which I know has been useful to others who have graduated and have been useful when applying for graduate schemes and positions as well as future study!

I hope this helps, do let me know if you have any further questions about studying here at Reading!

Tom
zahzz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Hey, I’ve just been offered an interview opportunity for the course.What kind of questions do they ask ? I’d really appreciate a reply as I’m quite nervous Thank you
UniofReading
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
(Original post by zahzz)
Hey, I’ve just been offered an interview opportunity for the course.What kind of questions do they ask ? I’d really appreciate a reply as I’m quite nervous Thank you
Hi,
Congratulations on your interview!!
Its completely understandable to feel nervous, which Psychology course have you got an interview for?

Ellen
Speech and Language Therapy and Student Ambassador
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (145)
14.4%
I'm not sure (42)
4.17%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (302)
29.99%
I have already dropped out (26)
2.58%
I'm not a current university student (492)
48.86%

Watched Threads