The Student Room Group

My crush doesn’t know I exist

So I have this crush on this guy in my school. I’ve had this crush for over a year and I’ve never got the chance to talk to him. We aren’t in the same classes and he simply doesn’t know I exist. I don’t know how to talk to him because I can never think of a topic to talk about and he doesn’t seem like the person who would like a stranger talking to him out of the blue. It doesn’t seem like he has any girl friends so that’ll probably make it harder for me. All I’m asking, is how can I get my crush to notice me and see that I exist when I’m a really shy person?
Original post by Molly515
So I have this crush on this guy in my school. I’ve had this crush for over a year and I’ve never got the chance to talk to him. We aren’t in the same classes and he simply doesn’t know I exist. I don’t know how to talk to him because I can never think of a topic to talk about and he doesn’t seem like the person who would like a stranger talking to him out of the blue. It doesn’t seem like he has any girl friends so that’ll probably make it harder for me. All I’m asking, is how can I get my crush to notice me and see that I exist when I’m a really shy person?

Maybe one day bump into him and say sorry, the convo and love begins there ...
find out whether he attends any lunchtime/after school clubs and just casually attend those as well. Or you can just follow him on the gram- people do that all the time
turn up the yodelling kid song at school during lunch break, you’ll get his FULL attention.
haha, same :frown:

Still feel salty affs about it

Tried to initiate contact with him trying to chat about work but the little S#it ignored me and started chatting crap about me to a friend who didn't know I like him at that time; she told me after ffs
so now I am going to ignore him for the next 2 years. His loss; missed out on a great person and can stay a virgin for the rest of his life.

My advice? Men are dumb, grades are more important. Move on, it is exam time.
Reply 5
Oh I’m so sorry about that. I wish I could be as brave as you, I can’t even directly look at him in the eyes. Well to be honest, I can be a bit extraverted at times and not shy away from starting conversations with strangers. But my crush? Big no no. I know I should be focusing on exams but all I’m think about is how after the exams, I might never see him again because there is a chance I’ll transfer to another school next year. I just wanted to see if there could be something I could do to get his attention.
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
find out whether he attends any lunchtime/after school clubs and just casually attend those as well. Or you can just follow him on the gram- people do that all the time

He doesn’t go to any clubs or anything and I can’t find his Instagram.
Reply 7
Original post by wonderdream
Maybe one day bump into him and say sorry, the convo and love begins there ...

I might actually try that. But right now my main plan is that I get into the group of friends of the sporty girls he plays football and basketball with everyday and go on from there.
Original post by Molly515
Oh I’m so sorry about that. I wish I could be as brave as you, I can’t even directly look at him in the eyes. Well to be honest, I can be a bit extraverted at times and not shy away from starting conversations with strangers. But my crush? Big no no. I know I should be focusing on exams but all I’m think about is how after the exams, I might never see him again because there is a chance I’ll transfer to another school next year. I just wanted to see if there could be something I could do to get his attention.

OMG SAME lol I am really loud and talk to everyone but with HIM, i just wanna put my head in my bag and choke myself under the table. With this guy, I am giving him death stares without even knowing smh

If you like him so so much, tell a good friend and maybe they will know of a way of connecting you two! If you want his attention, show up looking banging every day and show off your charisma; when you put effort in how you look, it makes you feel a little bit more comfortable talking to your crush since you know you are looking your best. If he likes it he will approach you. If it is meant to be, it will happen!

Buuttt lemme tell you that your crush is no special, there are so many dudes who are just like him out there! Babes, you will be fine even if things don't work out with this one!
Reply 9
Do nothing, just live your life, chase your dreams then maybe someday, destiny will give you a chance to get to know him or maybe you two will meet again and get to know each other.
Original post by Anonymous
haha, same :frown:

Still feel salty affs about it

Tried to initiate contact with him trying to chat about work but the little S#it ignored me and started chatting crap about me to a friend who didn't know I like him at that time; she told me after ffs
so now I am going to ignore him for the next 2 years. His loss; missed out on a great person and can stay a virgin for the rest of his life.

My advice? Men are dumb, grades are more important. Move on, it is exam time.

yknow us men can be dumb but we cant control it ion know bout relationships but ill never get one cuz i dont even exist apparently good ahead and laugh ion care
I have been there, I can understand how it feels.
My advice is to do some digging about the guy. Try to find out his interests, his friends, club activities, lunchtime mates etc. Once you know a bit about him, walk up to him ask a question and go on from there.
Making mutual friends would be helpful too.
I get it you are shy, but what I have realized is that sometimes you need to push yourself out of the shyness to really achieve the things that you really want to do, so you could give it a try.
Good luck.

Latest

Trending

Trending