The Student Room Group

Household income

So I have completed my application and it states I will get £7,463.00 in maintiance loan.

What does this mean my household income is? My dad stated he gets payed just below £35,000 a year. I'm right in thinking that the above is for people earning £35,000 or more, right?

He gets super annoyed when I ask him things about money and since he already said awhile ago it was below £35000 I'm confused.

I need my household income to be £35000 or below for the grants that I thought I was entitled to. Maybe I'm wrong and the above amount is for people on £30,000 to £35000 or something for 2018 entry?

Ive also never seen the number £7463 on the table. What income would it need to be to get that number? I'm moving away(won't be in London).
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by JohnM96
So I have completed my application and it states I will get £7,463.00 in maintiance loan.

What does this mean my household income is? My dad stated he gets payed just below £35,000 a year. I'm right in thinking that the above is for people earning £35,000 or more, right?

He gets super annoyed when I ask him things about money and since he already said awhile ago it was below £35000 I'm confused.

I need my household income to be £35000 or below for the grants that I thought I was entitled to. Maybe I'm wrong and the above amount is for people on £30,000 to £35000 or something for 2018 entry?

Ive also never seen the number £7463 on the table. What income would it need to be to get that number? I'm moving away(won't be in London).

Hi John,

The maximum amount of Maintenance Loan available for new student living away from home not living in London is £8700, this is based on a household income of below £25,000 any income above this the loan is reduced.
Maintenance Grants are currently no longer available for new students starting courses after 2016. It is only Maintenance Loan and Grants for Dependents ( GFD'S is for student's with dependent children).

Thanks

Louise

Quick Reply

Latest