jesminjoseph
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Is anyone retaking the textiles exam this year? I happened to fail my exam last year so I decided to re take it this year.
Aashamohamed
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by jesminjoseph)
Is anyone retaking the textiles exam this year? I happened to fail my exam last year so I decided to re take it this year.
Ahhh I am . The AQA paper unit one right ?
jesminjoseph
Rep:
?
(Original post by Aashamohamed)
Ahhh I am . The AQA paper unit one right ?
I’m so glad someone answered, yes the unit 1! I really want to pass it this time and im scared aah
Aashamohamed
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I’m so glad someone answered, yes the unit 1! I really want to pass it this time and im scared aah
Haha I started a thread on the unit 1 paper last year and how it was so bad and I had a few ppl get back to me. Check it out you might find it useful and yup ppl never reply . Ah dont worry. just ensure you're prepared I guess.
Aashamohamed
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Do you use a textile textbook to revise ? Because my teachers haven't provided us with anything other than the cutting edge book which is just too much and irrelevant
jesminjoseph
Rep:
?
Do you use a textile textbook to revise ? Because my teachers haven't provided us with anything other than the cutting edge book which is just too much and irrelevant
No, I don't find that book helpful at all. It's just too much to go through, I printed out the specification and went through topics I wasn't sure about and then used internet for other source! How about you? how are you getting on with your revision?
Ram5
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm retaking the exam this year as well
jesminjoseph
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ram5)
I'm retaking the exam this year as well
How have you been revising for this?
Ram5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
How have you been revising for this?
I've been doing past papers and making mind maps using the textbook and online resources
Aashamohamed
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No, I don't find that book helpful at all. It's just too much to go through, I printed out the specification and went through topics I wasn't sure about and then used internet for other source! How about you? how are you getting on with your revision?
My revision has been hectic. Ohh could you kindly link unit 3 spec then I'd you found unit 1 pls because I need that one too for this year. I've also been using a booklet my teacher gave me which is essentially mark scheme answers and not long winded points like the cutting edge book. Also theres also some revision notes on studentroom that Ive been using. Anyways the exams is today I hope you do well.
jesminjoseph
Rep:
?
My revision has been hectic. Ohh could you kindly link unit 3 spec then I'd you found unit 1 pls because I need that one too for this year. I've also been using a booklet my teacher gave me which is essentially mark scheme answers and not long winded points like the cutting edge book. Also theres also some revision notes on studentroom that Ive been using. Anyways the exams is today I hope you do well.
Sorry hope yours went well too! How did you find it by the way? Hopefully we can still get a better grade in the upcoming exam!
jesminjoseph
Rep:
?
http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects...60-W-SP-14.PDF

If you scroll down to page 16/17, it should have the TEXT3 specification!
Ram5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
There's a new textbook for the newer specification, it has some useful information and it's more condensed than the cutting edge book. I got it from amazon - https://www.amazon.co.uk/AQA-AS-Leve...es+aqa+a+level

Hope today went well for you guys, and good luck for your other exams
Aashamohamed
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Omg how was the exam ?
jesminjoseph
Rep:
?
Are you guys ready for the exam tmrw?
jesminjoseph
Rep:
?
Omg how was the exam ?
Sorry, it took me a while to reply back. but the only thing running through my mind whilst sitting in the room doing the exam was getting it over with! how about you?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (134)
58.77%
No (52)
22.81%
Not sure (42)
18.42%

Watched Threads