The Student Room Group

AS/ A-level History Essays

My AS British history exam is next week and I'm still struggling to grasp exactly what I need to do to make my final judgement (conclusion) a success. Is there any kind of 'mental check list' I should use?
Original post by imyyy17
My AS British history exam is next week and I'm still struggling to grasp exactly what I need to do to make my final judgement (conclusion) a success. Is there any kind of 'mental check list' I should use?

I always used it as a way to revisit and address the question in light of the findings you have done in the investigation and analysis phase. You should then be in a position to give an evaluative answer and state why you reached that conclusion.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
I always used it as a way to revisit and address the question in light of the findings you have done in the investigation and analysis phase. You should then be in a position to give an evaluative answer and state why you reached that conclusion.

Thank you!
Original post by imyyy17
Thank you!

Sometimes when i struggled on an essay, then I used the conclusion to show how I reached my opinion and confirm why my argument always made sense.[ It may not be as persuasive as you suggest] It is a good way to look at the question again and make sure you have answered it. That tells the examiner you have understood what they wanted and made a good attempt to provide it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending