The Student Room Group

Missed call from a work placement company and too nervous to call back!?

I really want to have a job during the summer before Uni. There’s a company called BrightSparks (I don’t know if they’re well known?) who allocate people who have signed up jobs at events etc. This would most likely be stuff like waitressing which I have never done before and which the thought of makes me honestly pretty nervous (I have bad social anxiety. Usually good at hiding it but it causes me a lot of emotional turmoil lmao). My old job involved tutoring little kids so there wasn’t much in the way of adult communication (and the times where I DID have to man the front desk, I always seemed to mess up).

I just completed my online application and today, I missed a call from someone from the company. They sent me an email shortly afterwards, asking me to call back for an informal phone interview.

I know this sounds incredibly lame, but I’m terrified of calling back. I’m extremely nervous in these kinds of situations. Even calling up my doctor to book an appointment is nervewracking for me. So I can’t imagine being interviewed. Worse still, is that if I pass the interview, I will be invited to a “group assessment.”

P*ssing myself. What do I say when I call back??? Is it even worth it??? I need the money but I’m so stressed lol....
Just call, they're not going to bite yo!
for God sake just call em ya dope
Just say 'Good morning/afternoon/whatever, I recently completed an online application to apply for X position/role. I received a phone call which I missed and so I received an email following this advising me to call back for an informal interview over the phone...'

And it'll flow from there, it's not a big deal, don't big it up in your head. Good luck :smile:
By the way, an interview over the phone really is NOTHING. I was interviewed over the phone a couple of months back and it's basically a conversation about who you are, your skills etc. Just fake it till you make fam, be confident and you'll be fine.
Write what you're going to say on a piece of paper before you ring, practice it a few times and don't worry about it

There's not going to be much of a loss if you don't get it, and they have probably seen this before

Don't worry!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending