The Student Room Group

Should I buy graphing calculator

Hi I'm incoming freshman (civil engineer). It's not in our culture to buy graphing calculator like other countries, I survived highschool with my non-calculator (fx-911 ex). My question is should I buy graphing calcu and if yes which one? Thanks
Find out if you'll have access to MATLAB or if your course requires you to get one.

If you can use MATLAB and you won't need the graphing calculator in class or in exams then there's not much point in getting one.
Reply 2
Original post by ThomasJade
Hi I'm incoming freshman (civil engineer). It's not in our culture to buy graphing calculator like other countries, I survived highschool with my non-calculator (fx-911 ex). My question is should I buy graphing calcu and if yes which one? Thanks

Some (many?) universities don't allow them for engineering exams anyway. And might only approve a very specific calculator. Check your university's rules.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by ThomasJade

I would check if such a calculator is even allowed by your university during exams. If not, then I'm not sure if it would be worth it, as you'll have to learn how to do the questions using a normal scientific calculator anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest