The Student Room Group

Is sending your child to a public school worth it?

Just a bit fun this thread really. I went to a public school and hated every minute of it- I see it as being a total waste of money. However, I’m interested to hear what other people think as I’ve only ever been exposed to one side of the argument. I’m just stimulating some debate!
Im at public boarding school and there's no way I'm wasting my money on this **** for my kids!!!
Reply 2
What school?
Reply 3
I went to Stonyhurst
Reply 4
Yes, in public schools you face the REAL world, it seriously humbles you, speaking from experience. i know people who've gone to private schools and it can be a competition of who've got the best phone etc, or who's the richest. Ngl though private schools tend to have better results, because the teachers tend to be more invested.
Reply 5
With ‘public schools’ , I mean private schools ie old, boarding schools but I get what you mean. Given how much state schools have improved and given the fact that universities now have ‘diversity quotas’ there isn’t much point paying to go to school unless you end up at Oxbridge- which if far, far, far from being a certainty!
I think it really depends on the school. I wouldn't pay to send my kids to public/private school (mostly because I don't have that money...), but if they were desperate to go to a particular school and it was one they could get a full scholarship or bursary to, I'd certainly consider it.
Wow good question I personally went to oxford anyway long story short me and my boy Atticus joined the bullingdon club and let me tell you that was some experience, I remember one time we decided to hire out a snow machine and fill it with cocaine so that we could fool the masses into thinking that their leaders were not illuminati puppets being controlled from a central computer in the matrix, classic atticus!

Anyway now I'm a CEO who bathes in a gold bath filled with Moet champagne
Yes
better than nowt

Quick Reply

Latest