Source:

The far left always finds a way to ruin everything
Joinedup
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Where have you been?

1967 - The Beatles release 'Sgt Peppers lonely hearts club band', changing the face of pop music forever and in the UK boy scouts changed it's name to scout association.

in the UK scout troops began admitting girls in 1990 and have all been mixed sex since 2007, recruitment of female scouts overtook that of males in 2011 and as of 2017 3/4s of new recruits were girls.
Retired_Messiah
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It's been that way in Britain for ages. Nice America caught up, I suppose.

(Original post by Pockii)
The far left always finds a way to ruin everything
I can't think of anything that's ruined by allowing females to be involved in it if they want.
username1221160
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You must have pretty extreme reactionary views to regard removing gender segregation as far left.

The Scouts in the UK ditched the word boy in the 60s and have been admitting girls for a long time now.
username521617
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
In the name of equality and fairness, I assume they would also be accepting boys into the Girl Scouts now?
lunak97
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I honestly do not see the problem with this, many other organisations have long created a space to include males and females without segregating them and the skill that hey could learn. I was a Pathfinder (similar to scouts)growing and it beneficial learning the same things the scouts in our area learned.

The far left bs, are females also not entitled to equal opportunity to, let them right the wrongs that have existed far too long
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
what have the "far left" got to do with this? Last time I checked the Scouts werent a political organisation and America's version of the "far left" were fairly right wing by everyone elses standards...
username1221160
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Dandaman1)
In the name of equality and fairness, I assume they would also be accepting boys into the Girl Scouts now?
Given the Girl Scouts angry response to allowing girls into the Scouts, it won't happen anytime soon.

All conservative people and organisations are behind the rest of us, but some are more backwards than others.
Joleee
Badges: 18
Report 1 year ago
this is so increasingly dumb and tone deaf. why didn't they just create an entirely new group that is open to all genders? it's like, girls don't want to be a part of the 'boys club'. the club should be defined by all genders, which means no gender. god...
UMun
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
because the boy scouts is an established institution, it is already organised and well-financed. Creating a new group is harder and opening it up to girls means more scouts, which means more income, which means a better organisation.
Gabriella__
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Hi! I’m a Girl Scout, what has been rewinds then, what’s the difference apart from there being girls???
Just my opinion
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
The hypocrisy of boy scouts being made to admit girls while girl Guides werent made to admit boys is well documented.
That was in the recent past
Of course the fun now is that the girl guides have to admit self identifying trans girls and women even though they have a penis and balls.
There was uproar recently when it came to light that the organisation has ruled an adult self-identifying transgender woman that still has male genitals can take a group of girl guides camping, and the organisation is not allowed to notify the parents of this.
Last edited by Just my opinion; 11 months ago
Dez
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Just my opinion)
The hypocrisy of boy scouts being made to admit girls while girl Guides werent made to admit boys is well documented.
That was in the recent past
They haven't been forced to do anything, the organisation made the decision of their own accord.

Of course the fun now is that the girl guides have to admit self identifying trans girls and women even though they have a penis and balls.
Again, not something they were forced to do. Obviously in both of the cases you've outlined there's been public pressure on these organisations to change, that's simply called free speech.

There was uproar recently when it came to light that the organisation has ruled an adult self-identifying transgender woman that still has male genitals can take a group of girl guides camping, and the organisation is not allowed to notify the parents of this.
The sooner we ditch the "Man working with children = paedo" stereotype the better. This is just faux outrage masquerading as genuine concern. In reality the risks involved are very low, the kids have a better chance of being killed/injured on the coach trip to the camp site than being subject to any harm whilst actually camping.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (241)
66.21%
No (123)
33.79%

Watched Threads