maths resits 2019 - modular or linear?!?!?! Watch

tsr1547
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I was just wondering if I started learning maths in September 2016, and I'm set to do my a2 exams this summer, then get some good but some bad maths exam results then can I redo some or do I have to redo them all.

I'm doing 6 maths exams ( C1-4, S1 and D1)
I was thinking that I'd get the opportunity to just redo some as I feel I'm doing the modular version as I did the AS in 2017 summer.

any help appreciated.
thanks in advance.
Lemur14
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by tsr1547)
I was just wondering if I started learning maths in September 2016, and I'm set to do my a2 exams this summer, then get some good but some bad maths exam results then can I redo some or do I have to redo them all.

I was thinking that I'd get the opportunity to just redo some as I feel I'm doing the modular version as I did the AS in 2017 summer.

any help appreciated.
thanks in advance.
Looking at the exam timetable for 2019, it looks like it's possible to retake any of the modules. This will be in the same format as the old spec (eg. you can retake individual modules).
If you're taking units such as C1-4 etc. this is definitely the old modular spec, as the new spec doesn't have modules in the same way (and also you have to do some mechanics )
gdunne42
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

any help appreciated.
thanks in advance.
@lemur14 is right, all units of the current modular specification will be offered by the examiners in summer 2019 for resit candidates only. If you need to retake, start your search for an exam centre early as not all schools/colleges will offer these exams to private candidates.
tsr1547
Rep:
?
(Original post by gdunne42)
@lemur14 is right, all units of the current modular specification will be offered by the examiners in summer 2019 for resit candidates only. If you need to retake, start your search for an exam centre early as not all schools/colleges will offer these exams to private candidates.
So, just to clarify I can redo some of the exams and not all. in other words, take forward my good grades and resit my bad grades.

thanks.
gdunne42
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
So, just to clarify I can redo some of the exams and not all. in other words, take forward my good grades and resit my bad grades.

thanks.
Yes, you can resit any or all individual units to improve your overall grade.
tsr1547
Rep:
?
Yes, you can resit any or all individual units to improve your overall grade.
thank you and can you verify that 100 percent as I don't want to sit these exams and do well in some and bad in others but then still have to re-do them all. forgive me if I'm being a little pedantic.
gdunne42
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
thank you and can you verify that 100 percent as I don't want to sit these exams and do well in some and bad in others but then still have to re-do them all. forgive me if I'm being a little pedantic.
Yes 100%
You can retake the units you want to improve and keep the results from any you are happy with, just as you would have been able to do in previous years of the qualification
This has been true for every subject in the year after the old modular qualification was withdrawn, Here's what EDEXCEL say about resits for Linear A levels.
https://qualifications.pearson.com/e...july-2016.html

BUT there is no guarantee your current school/college will choose to offer them to candidates and so you may need to hunt around for somewhere to take them.
tsr1547
Rep:
?
Yes 100%
You can retake the units you want to improve and keep the results from any you are happy with, just as you would have been able to do in previous years of the qualification
This has been true for every subject in the year after the old modular qualification was withdrawn, Here's what EDEXCEL say about resits for Linear A levels.
https://qualifications.pearson.com/e...july-2016.html

BUT there is no guarantee your current school/college will choose to offer them to candidates and so you may need to hunt around for somewhere to take them.
Thanks a lot. Btw I'm doing OCR, I don't know if that affects anything.
gdunne42
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thanks a lot. Btw I'm doing OCR, I don't know if that affects anything.
No, doing OCR does not change anything.

The reforms and timings are the same for all examiners providing A levels in England
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/timings-...s-and-a-levels
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (22)
24.44%
No (68)
75.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed