jaynebun
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Can anyone tell me how much dance there is on the 3 year Musical Theatre, and what standard is it? TIA x
Edge Hill University
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi jaynebun, hope you're well!

In the third year of the Musical Theatre course, there's one module which focuses exclusively on dance (Musical Theatre Dance Performance). It's worth 20 credits and is 100% practical. Optionally, you can choose to do Jazz Dance as a module, also worth 20 credits and also 100% practical. Other modules may require you to do dance, such as Musical Theatre Ensemble Production. You can find out more about these modules here.

Alex
jaynebun
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So does that mean thre's not any dance really in the first couple of years? Thanks
Edge Hill University
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi Jaynebun,

Sorry, I completely misread your post and assumed you were talking about the third year modules only! Dance will factor into certain mandatory modules throughout the entire course, such as Studying Musical Theatre in the first year and Musical Theatre Practitioners in the second year. You can also choose optional Dance modules including Musical Theatre Dance Technique and Dance Theatre Performance.

I've contacted our Musical Theatre lecturers who have also suggested joining one of our tutor-led dance companies or taking part in weekly dance classes if you'd like to incorporate it further into your time at Edge Hill. They've advised that a few modules such as Creating Musical Theatre Performance are driven by the student's own choices, so you can add dance into there if you wish.

I hope this is a clearer image of what our Musical Theatre course is like!

Alex
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (498)
59.71%
Yes- I don't like it (43)
5.16%
No- I want it (237)
28.42%
No- I don't want it (56)
6.71%

Watched Threads

Latest