The Student Room Group

Risk of pregnancy?

My boyfriend and me had sex for the very first time. We had penis in vagina sex but he only put the tip of the head in because it was so painful and this lasted like 2-5 mins. We didn't use any protection at all. Is there any risk of pregnancy from such a short encounter? He did not ejaculate inside me.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yes.
Reply 2
Original post by Drewski
Yes.

But it would be a very small risk, right?
Nah it should be fine. You read all over the Internet that there's a chance of you getting pregnant. Realistically it's very difficult, couples who try to get pregnant actually struggle. Thats coz there's a small window for ovulation and fertilisation to occur, assuming the worst case scenario where he did release some precum it would take a hell of alot of precum for you to be pregnant. Remember the Sperm has to travel all the way up near the ovaries and only if the egg is there in the first place (during ovulation) will you get pregnant. My verdict, from my experience is, you should be fine. Just make sure next time you use some form of protection.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
But it would be a very small risk, right?

A small chance is still a chance.

More likely than winning the lottery.
Hey chill, I really don't think you got pregnant, seriously, the chances are really really really small. Especially if he didn't ejaculate inside you. It also helps to know where you are in your cycle.
Reply 6
Is there any risk of pregnancy from such a short encounter?

Yes.
Is there any intelligent, plausible reason you didnt use protection? Do you have some kind of allergy to condoms/birth control or are you just incredibly naïve? I don't mean to be harsh, but having unprotected sex with a new/poly/young partner is idiotic if you aren't prepared for possible consequences, such as pregnancy and STDs. Please learn to be responsible next time. I don't want to be funding people's abortions because they were too irresponsible to use protection and are too young/financially unstable/etc. to raise a child, or need medication to cure an STD. **yes I know contraception can fail and STDs can be contracted through more than just vaginal sex**

There is always a chance of pregnancy if you don't use protection, regardless of how you did it or how long it lasted. If you aren't prepared to deal with the consequence of that, then stop have unprotected sex.

Finally, if it was painful for you, then a) he either didn't give you enough time for foreplay (which is incredibly important for women) or b) you need to buy lube for your next sexual encounter, as well as condoms. Lube will help with dryness and will make it easier on you both.
Please don't be so irresponsible and use protection next time. It's not hard to take a pill or use a condom.
Reply 9
My boyfriend and me had sex for the very first time. We had penis in vagina sex but he only put the tip of the head in because it was so painful and this lasted like 2-5 mins. We didn't use any protection at all. Is there any risk of pregnancy from such a short encounter? He did not ejaculate inside me.

Yes, there is a risk of pregnancy, get tested.
Original post by YD17HXM
Yes, there is a risk of pregnancy, get tested.

It was only 5 days ago. Too early to get tested I believe.
If you're not mature enough to know the answer to this then frankly are you mature enough to be having sex?

Would you be happy if you got pregnant? Why did you not use any protection?
Why on earth didn't you use protection? Presumably if it hadn't hurt you would have had full sex.

And why not go get emergency birth control After? You only need a quick Google to know people can and do get pregnant from such things.
Original post by doodle_333
Why on earth didn't you use protection? Presumably if it hadn't hurt you would have had full sex.

And why not go get emergency birth control After? You only need a quick Google to know people can and do get pregnant from such things.

Yes I'm aware I made a huge mistake. I feel absolutely terrible about it but it was very late and we weren't planning on having sex, but yes it was a poorly made decision and I didn't think of the repercussions until too late after. I know there's no excuse and yes I'm aware ppl can get pregnant like this but since only the head went in and it was for a short period, I honestly thought the risk was tiny. Thank you for your response though.

Yes there is a risk. You do not sound mature enough to be having sex. Please do not do it again unless you have protection.
Original post by DrawTheLine
Yes there is a risk. You do not sound mature enough to be having sex. Please do not do it again unless you have protection.

Okay, thanks for judging my maturity level based on a question I asked without knowing the situation. Great stuff.
Okay, thanks for judging my maturity level based on a question I asked without knowing the situation. Great stuff.

Considering you had unprotected sex on your first time, and now you're worried about pregnancy, yes I will judge your maturity and say you aren't very mature. If you were mature enough to have sex, you would have had protection, or you would not have had sex without protection.
Original post by DrawTheLine
Considering you had unprotected sex on your first time, and now you're worried about pregnancy, yes I will judge your maturity and say you aren't very mature. If you were mature enough to have sex, you would have had protection, or you would not have had sex without protection.

As I said, you don't know the situation. Everyone makes mistakes. Now take your unwanted judgement elsewhere, thank you.
As I said, you don't know the situation. Everyone makes mistakes. Now take your unwanted judgement elsewhere, thank you.

So tell me the situation so I can understand.

Anyone who has consensual and unprotected sex is immature. End of.

This is a question which could easily have been googled and frankly if you don't know what can and can't get you pregnant you shouldn't be having sex.

It doesn't matter if it was planned or not. If you didn't have protection you could have just waited but you decided not to. And didn't even bother to remedy the situation afterwards. Which shoes how you're not taking the situation seriously when you could end up with a BABY which is pretty damn serious. I once had a condom split (it was a tiny tiny hole). We noticed way before he came so there would have only been the tiniest chance of pregnancy... you can bet your ass I was getting the morning after pill the second the pharmacy opened the next day.

You're being judged cos you made a really terrible decision and you still don't seem to really understand that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending