The Student Room Group

Physics unit 3 IAL may/june 2018

How was the paper guys

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
it was so good.. what was ur answer for the g in the last question? i got the gradient as 3.33 and the value for g as 12
Reply 2
Original post by JIS 123
it was so good.. what was ur answer for the g in the last question? i got the gradient as 3.33 and the value for g as 12

11.84 ryt?
Coz i got the same value for gradient.
Did u draw the graph through the origin?
I got my gradient as 3.24 and the g value as 12.18
Reply 4
Original post by Razanabdulla
I got my gradient as 3.24 and the g value as 12.18

Did u draw ur graph through the origin?
Original post by Bush111
Did u draw ur graph through the origin?

yeah, u?
In the viscosity experiment - I forgot to write that "the ball reaches terminal velocity at a certain point". Other than that, i wrote everything about how to measure the radius, height and time for velocity etc.
What do you guys think how many marks I'm gonna lose for that particular statement? 1 or max 2?
Original post by anjumzz14
In the viscosity experiment - I forgot to write that "the ball reaches terminal velocity at a certain point". Other than that, i wrote everything about how to measure the radius, height and time for velocity etc.
What do you guys think how many marks I'm gonna lose for that particular statement? 1 or max 2?

Maybe 1 but only if you mentioned how to find it by measuring the distance and time.
Will 33/40 be an A grade?
Any predictions for grade boundaries of chemistry unit 3
Original post by arizonaidiot
Maybe 1 but only if you mentioned how to find it by measuring the distance and time.
Will 33/40 be an A grade?
Any predictions for grade boundaries of chemistry unit 3

Yeah I mentioned everything except that. So yeah will lose 1 mark. And for chemistry I think the paper was a bit different. It should not be more than 35 out of 50 for an A grade.
I lost marks for the spectroscopy question and some parts of the organic question.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by anjumzz14
I think chemistry paper was a bit different. It should not be more than 37 or 38 out of 50 for an A grade.
I lost marks for the spectroscopy question and some parts of the organic question.

What about physics?
Reply 10
Original post by Razanabdulla
yeah, u?

No.... did they ask us to draw through the origin??
I guess then its wrong !
Original post by Bush111
No.... did they ask us to draw through the origin??
I guess then its wrong !

They even asked us why the graph would be a straight line passing thru the origin in one part. It was pretty obvious
Original post by MaximusCLDRN
They even asked us why the graph would be a straight line passing thru the origin in one part. It was pretty obvious

if you start the graph with 20( x axis) yhe graph isnt go through origin.but if you start with 5 and plot thegraph.when u extend the plotted points backwards it goes through origin.i checked both of that in the exam
Original post by barbiedoll98
if you start the graph with 20( x axis) yhe graph isnt go through origin.but if you start with 5 and plot thegraph.when u extend the plotted points backwards it goes through origin.i checked both of that in the exam

Ooh i didn't know u could do it that way...Thanks for the info
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by MaximusCLDRN
Ooh i didn't know u could do it that way...Thanks for the info

i guess i am right😂😂😂😂😂
Is the graph supposed to be l against t^2 or . t^2 against l

I did l against t^2 with proof of S=1/2 at^2 (Y=mx)
Original post by flufdude
Is the graph supposed to be l against t^2 or . t^2 against l

I did l against t^2 with proof of S=1/2 at^2 (Y=mx)

yes t^2
Original post by barbiedoll98
yes t^2

I mean t^2 on the x axis and length (x10^-2) on the y axis
Because for the 5 mark question it stated that it should plot a graph of length *against* t^2
Original post by flufdude
I mean t^2 on the x axis and length (x10^-2) on the y axis

no wrong..T^2 IS THE DEPENDENT VARIABLE(Y AXIS)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending