plg.p
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi,

I applied for the MSc in Finance at UCL for 2018/2019. I applied at the end of February/Early May and I had completed both the math test and the video interview by the 3rd of April; I am now waiting for a final answer.

I have two questions:

1) How long did it take for offer holders to get a response from UCL? 5 weeks have passed since my video interview and I am starting to feel a bit stressed even though I feel that both the Math test and the Interview went brilliant (considering that almost 9 weeks have past since I sent my application)

2) Anyone currently completing the Msc in Finance at UCL able to provide a review of the course and their overall experiences?
aroncido
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I got my offer around 4 weeks after I completed my interview. Don't feel stressed, good news can come even after a really long period of waiting.
plg.p
Rep:
?
(Original post by aroncido)
I got my offer around 4 weeks after I completed my interview. Don't feel stressed, good news can come even after a really long period of waiting.
Congratulations for your offer and best of luck!

I am still waiting, haven't received any answer yet. Do you mind telling me approximately when did you complete the interview? Thank you!
aroncido
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
February 7, iirc. Got offer March 6.
A long time ago.
(Original post by plg.p)
Congratulations for your offer and best of luck!

I am still waiting, haven't received any answer yet. Do you mind telling me approximately when did you complete the interview? Thank you!
plg.p
Rep:
?
That great, congratulations once again!

(Original post by aroncido)
February 7, iirc. Got offer March 6.
A long time ago.
nouer
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
1) How long did it take for offer holders to get a response from UCL? 5 weeks have passed

2) Anyone currently completing the Msc in Finance at UCL able to provide a review of the course and their overall experiences?[/QUOTE]

Hi, i would just say give it some time ...6 weeks or so ..it takes time for these procedures

Ok, I have studied MSc Finance but with Birbeck however I had my economics module studied at UCL main campus (as Birbeck is right next to UCL, so they share rooms if full)

I am just about finish my course next month after giving my final exams and must say i have loved the experience so far ...you should enjoy it

I would say,, in the summer take extra practice lessons in econometrics, because that i the most intuitive module (every msc finance course, must have econometrics module) ..if you can get pass econometrics module then you should be alright for msc finance
plg.p
Rep:
?
I have some econometrics backround and I know its a bit frustrating as a course to study. I am planning to pre study the modules of my first semester during the summer in case i receive an offer.

Thanks for the insight!

(Original post by nouer)
1) How long did it take for offer holders to get a response from UCL? 5 weeks have passed

2) Anyone currently completing the Msc in Finance at UCL able to provide a review of the course and their overall experiences?
Hi, i would just say give it some time ...6 weeks or so ..it takes time for these procedures

Ok, I have studied MSc Finance but with Birbeck however I had my economics module studied at UCL main campus (as Birbeck is right next to UCL, so they share rooms if full)

I am just about finish my course next month after giving my final exams and must say i have loved the experience so far ...you should enjoy it

I would say,, in the summer take extra practice lessons in econometrics, because that i the most intuitive module (every msc finance course, must have econometrics module) ..if you can get pass econometrics module then you should be alright for msc finance[/QUOTE]
nouer
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
[QUOTE=plg.p;77831482]I have some econometrics backround and I know its a bit frustrating as a course to study. I am planning to pre study the modules of my first semester during the summer in case i receive an offer.

Thanks for the insight!

What the modules that you will study at UCL, if I may ask

from my experience, finance course takes into account all aspects of business function (so, accounting, economics, maths).

So, i think you are likely to have economics (or at least macroeconomic module), financial reporting related module, corporate finance and asset management/pricing is like the must one, and econometrics (either matlab or eviews), and financial markets/ derivatives module ....in addition i also had mathematics for finance module, not too sure if you will have it as well (considering, MSc Finance at birbeck is aimed at people from diverse backgrounds, but at UCL, I think they specifically want people from maths, finance or statistics background)
lukas95
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hey guys!
Got offers from Cass and UCL for MSc Finance.

Which uni would you recommend? What I know so far:
-Cass has a nice career service, good connections in the city, well-known for MSc Finance, 2nd tier business school
-UCL much better worldwide reputation, 1st tier school, completely new MSc Finance (disadvantage cause of limited alumni?), very quantitative (advantage for me).

I would be very grateful for any useful tips and your opinion! (goal is IB/HF)

Cheers from Germany,
Lukas
VDyyyyyyy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey buddy!

Could you please elaborate more on the questions asked to you for the interview? I've been invited to complete the MSc Finance interview in 5 days and I'm a bit lost...

Any help would be much appreciated.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (24)
6.09%
Uncertainty around my education (44)
11.17%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (46)
11.68%
Lack of purpose or motivation (52)
13.2%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (20)
5.08%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (18)
4.57%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (41)
10.41%
Financial worries (27)
6.85%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (16)
4.06%
Exposure to negative news/social media (25)
6.35%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (11)
2.79%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (39)
9.9%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (31)
7.87%

Watched Threads