Report Thread starter 2 years ago
please help me

username3626988
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i know right it's sooo hard

for poetry im doing detailed comparison plans of the poems so when i go into the exam i already and see the poem ill already know what to compare it to and the points ill make and ill just jot a rough plan so i don't forget it

for shakespeare and 19th century novel im just doing plans for each theme and character which will have 5 point each

and for modern im doing AIC which is the only part i like about english lit as well as poetry so im kinda just looking at videos and learning quotes for each theme and character

hope this helps!!!!!!!!! x
wheresmunchkin
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by princesslife)
i know right it's sooo hard

for poetry im doing detailed comparison plans of the poems so when i go into the exam i already and see the poem ill already know what to compare it to and the points ill make and ill just jot a rough plan so i don't forget it

for shakespeare and 19th century novel im just doing plans for each theme and character which will have 5 point each

and for modern im doing AIC which is the only part i like about english lit as well as poetry so im kinda just looking at videos and learning quotes for each theme and character

hope this helps!!!!!!!!! x
it did thank you! xx
username3626988
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
no probs! i rlly hate english i cant wait till its over!!!!!! what texts do you do?
xantheee
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
learn ur concepts- like look at the context or time the author was writing in and what their purpose was, its always a good idea to start ur essays w that.
sy212
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i wish i knew how, hating english atm
bal14
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
hmm....... i ask that question myself all the time.... if there is a lot of time at hand i would suggest to make some sections in mind ( it helps me to keep my points crisp ) for context , a brief intro on author and his life (writer have such interesting life i mean like the controversy of Shakespeare not being the writer of his works like what!!! ) that helps you get interested in work(get all the juicy stuff), then i would search through themes and characters if its a fiction or drama and make points just to keep myself open for various interpretations that comes while writing an answer and a conclusion ( just summarizing) . so while preparing /revising i already have an entire structure of answer at hand. (pro tip: keep synonyms for 'suggest' handy ).
material- i usually watch YouTube video for context - Victorian , modern etc.
i have my exams coming up soon so i thought this would help me revise as well.sorry for making it such a long reply
i hope this helps!!!
all the best!
username3951888
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Mr Bruff.
LarissaAlves
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Mr Bruff (youtube) for nice analyses and then Seneca Learning (www.senecalearning.com) for quotes and practice questions
Phreznorck
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Revise important quotes and make sure you can make quick and efficient comparisons of characters and quotes and poems. To be honest I'm trying to help my hand withstand write as much as I can in 2 hours my hand can't physically handle it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (78)
14.08%
I'm not sure (24)
4.33%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (177)
31.95%
I have already dropped out (11)
1.99%
I'm not a current university student (264)
47.65%

Watched Threads