Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Got my aqa English gcse on the 25th of may and haven't started revising Macbeth. I understand the main storyline and the main themes e.g. ambition but i dont know how to revise it. There are so many websites, textbooks and revision material that seems to have so much but as a person who is only starting now and who doesnt have a lot of time to revise it, what should i do? Are there any places that i can revise from, knowing that if i only revise from there, that will be enough?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by benjyl)
    Got my aqa English gcse on the 25th of may and haven't started revising Macbeth. I understand the main storyline and the main themes e.g. ambition but i dont know how to revise it. There are so many websites, textbooks and revision material that seems to have so much but as a person who is only starting now and who doesnt have a lot of time to revise it, what should i do? Are there any places that i can revise from, knowing that if i only revise from there, that will be enough?
    Mr Bruff's Youtube videos are super helpful! Make some essay plans on key themes and characters to help you to plan how you may structure an essay and to identify any quotes, language or structural techniques that you may want to learn for the exam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itslibby)
    Mr Bruff's Youtube videos are super helpful! Make some essay plans on key themes and characters to help you to plan how you may structure an essay and to identify any quotes, language or structural techniques that you may want to learn for the exam.
    Thanks a lot but i find that although mr bruff's videos are helpful, the amount of analysis content is too much. I also don't have enough time to go through every scene's video.
    I have ordered mr bruffs book which will be delivered over the next few days so ill be going through that instead. If i use that as my main source of revision for macbeth and also write some of my own interpretations that it is enough to get a decent grade, (e.g. 7), or does more need to be done?

ReputationRep:
    Look you Stacey Reay on youtube, listened to her and made loads of mindmaps for a Christmas Carol and got 28/30 twice :-)

ReputationRep:
    Thanks a lot but i find that although mr bruff's videos are helpful, the amount of analysis content is too much. I also don't have enough time to go through every scene's video.
    I have ordered mr bruffs book which will be delivered over the next few days so ill be going through that instead. If i use that as my main source of revision for macbeth and also write some of my own interpretations that it is enough to get a decent grade, (e.g. 7), or does more need to be done?
    I guess it just depends on what grade you’re on at the moment. I’m sure you’ll be fine as long as you work hard! & If you want some shorter videos that might help with high level analysis then try the student exemplar ones
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    also with Macbeth it is all about actually understanding the events and building up an argument before you write and essay!

I WENT UP TWO GRADES USING THIS

Make sure to ask yourself:
    Read the extract and think about these questions in relation to the play as a whole
    What is Shakespare using the character/relationship to higlight?
    What comment is Shakespare making about this theme
    What effect does this theme have on other characters
    What is the relationship between this character and the key themes
    What is Macbeths relationship to this

THEN read the extract to refine your answer
    What is the extract sayning in relation to the theme
    Is it reflected or challenged in the play as a whole
    How is the character presented in this extract
    again is this refected or challenged in the play as a whole

FINALLY BRIEFLY annotate 3 quotations then add 3 whole text ones and the context comments you want to make

ReputationRep:
    try this. has been what I've found most helpful. https://app.senecalearning.com/class...2-7f9af227008a Each section takes about 15mins to go through, and makes you understand and remember it. and can just choose which sections you want!

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.