The Student Room Group

CCEA GCSE English Literature Of Mice And Men Predictions

What themes and characters do you think will come up?

So far I've been thinking there might be a question based around Curley and a question based on the theme of loneliness on the ranch.

Your thoughts?
Reply 1
Original post by allenpc

So far I've been thinking there might be a question based around Curley and a question based on the theme of loneliness on the ranch.

Your thoughts?

I rlly don't know, I'm so confused as well !!!
Original post by allenpc

Your thoughts?

George
Lennie and nature ? I rlly don't know ..😪
Reply 2
The extract question about violence last year was mainly about Curley so chances are it’s probably not him, I was thinking it might be one of these:•Crooks, race•George
Reply 3
Original post by An0nce
The extract question about violence last year was mainly about Curley so chances are it’s probably not him, I was thinking it might be one of these:•Crooks, race•George

What do you think the theme will be for the second question, (b)? My teacher thinks it will be loneliness and I am hoping that she is good with predicting. There's just not enough time to go over everything at this point.
Reply 4
Original post by allenpc
What do you think the theme will be for the second question, (b)? My teacher thinks it will be loneliness and I am hoping that she is good with predicting. There's just not enough time to go over everything at this point.

I have a feeling it might be lonliness aswell, I have a revision class today so I am asking but I think theme might be dreams(future)/lonliness

I get you aswell, to be completely honest, the best things to revise are Lennie George and crooks. In our school we were given the last 17 years of past papers and in that time crooks candy and curleys wife came up the most, Lennie and George next and slim and Curley were mentioned once
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by An0nce
I have a feeling it might be lonliness aswell, I have a revision class today so I am asking but I think theme might be dreams(future)/lonliness

I get you aswell, to be completely honest, the best things to revise are Lennie George and crooks. In our school we were given the last 17 years of past papers and in that time crooks candy and curleys wife came up the most, Lennie and George next and slim and Curley were mentioned once

Are Lennie and George often asked together? Can they be asked separately? What sort of themes can the question about George and Lennie be based on? I am thinking their friendship, which is an obvious one. Do you agree, and are there any other possible questions for George and/or Lennie?
Reply 6
Original post by allenpc
Are Lennie and George often asked together? Can they be asked separately? What sort of themes can the question about George and Lennie be based on? I am thinking their friendship, which is an obvious one. Do you agree, and are there any other possible questions for George and/or Lennie?

To be honest you can’t really answer Lennie without George it’s the whole point/plot of the story, and you could be asked about Blame, candy’s dog foreshadowing them, you could talk about power, loyalty, the future, dreams, 3 major themes about Steinbeck you always refer to in your answer is fate, the American dream and responsibility’s when talking about the pair though
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest