The Student Room Group

Can't get over my ex boyfriend

As the title says. I can't get over my ex & no one new is coming into my life...

Scroll to see replies

dont be a little emotional baby.

get over it.
Original post by Anonymous
As the title says. I can't get over my ex & no one new is coming into my life...

How long has it been?
Reply 3
Original post by Afforestation
How long has it been?

A couple of years
A couple of years

how plausible is it that you would see him again?
sometimes you just have to focus on yourself and other things in your life, and that itself will distract you and help you move on
Original post by vapeboi
dont be a little emotional baby.

get over it.

Not helpful in any way

OP, I’m sorry about this. Time is the best healer and it can also be good to keep busy with friends/work etc. I’m in the same situation so there’s not much I can say apart from that.
I can relate. My ex broke up with me two years ago

- I don't see him romantically or sexually anymore. In fact I wasn't that sexually attracted to him in the last couple months of our relationship.
- I know we're fundamentally not right for each other and I can't imagine a future with him
- He wanted to get back together and it was great to hear and I kind of wanted him back but I said no
- I developed feelings for another guy since my ex. Ended things with this other guy because I knew I wasn't ready for another relationship.

You'd think from this I'd be over him but I'm still not. He's still always on my mind and it's hard. My obsessive thinking has helped me process and come to terms with things e.g. how we're not right for each other and how I don't want him back. But it still means I think about him regularly.

He's not my first ex so I know it's possible to get over someone but unfortunately I don't think it's really possible until you're with someone new.
Also sounds lame but tinder can be a good distraction and ego boost.
Reply 8
how plausible is it that you would see him again?

To be fair, probably never again;
Reply 9
I can relate. My ex broke up with me two years ago

- I don't see him romantically or sexually anymore. In fact I wasn't that sexually attracted to him in the last couple months of our relationship.
- I know we're fundamentally not right for each other and I can't imagine a future with him
- He wanted to get back together and it was great to hear and I kind of wanted him back but I said no
- I developed feelings for another guy since my ex. Ended things with this other guy because I knew I wasn't ready for another relationship.

You'd think from this I'd be over him but I'm still not. He's still always on my mind and it's hard. My obsessive thinking has helped me process and come to terms with things e.g. how we're not right for each other and how I don't want him back. But it still means I think about him regularly.

He's not my first ex so I know it's possible to get over someone but unfortunately I don't think it's really possible until you're with someone new.
Also sounds lame but tinder can be a good distraction and ego boost.

Me too, I'm still always thinking about him even when I don't want too
Just learn how to jump really high
Original post by Withengar

????

To be fair, probably never again;

This is probably the wrong advice but why dont you just message him. It's been a long time and he has undoubtedly thought about you too in that time. Message him and see what happens. If it doesnt work out, it will probably help you move on, but there's no benefit in doing nothing about it at all. I wouldnt say this if there was another guy you liked but it doesnt seem like it and i cant exactly tell you to like someone haha
This is probably the wrong advice but why dont you just message him. It's been a long time and he has undoubtedly thought about you too in that time. Message him and see what happens. If it doesnt work out, it will probably help you move on, but there's no benefit in doing nothing about it at all. I wouldnt say this if there was another guy you liked but it doesnt seem like it and i cant exactly tell you to like someone haha

We ended it on 'good terms'
Still waiting for that day...
Original post by Withengar

Wdym lol
i know most people won’t agree with this, it might be worth messaging him again and seeing if he wants to meet up and try the relationship again? if the breakup wasn’t bad then it doesn’t hurt to try again
We ended it on 'good terms'

Im still going to say you should message him. You have nothing to lose.
Im still going to say you should message him. You have nothing to lose.

Honestly that's a very bad idea; I just to o get the **** over him ffs
You need to distract yourself and try and move on. Try to get back on the dating scene and meet new guys, go out with friends to social events or concerts or clubbing. Do something good for yourself, try a new hobby, travel with friends or do solo traveling to get back to your roots. What you need to do is FOCUS on YOURSELF. Stop looking back to the past, things are not going to change or come back. You are wasting your time keeping that past alive and slowing your life down for that. Ask yourself this, is he worth stopping my life? Is he worth so much of my thoughts?
Honestly that's a very bad idea; I just to o get the **** over him ffs

Well then you need to meet someone else. Im not a fan of the online stuff though
Well then you need to meet someone else. Im not a fan of the online stuff though

Me neither, but I guess this the type of society we live in

Quick Reply

Latest