Computer Science- GCSE (Advice??)

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
so i have my first comp sci paper on monday (i do ocr) and tbh i just don't understand how to link the registers inside the fetch decode cycle so was hoping someone could explain that?
also, what do i do now bc i've done every single past paper and specimen papers and the zigzag papers?
i'm not really getting the grade i'm aiming for so tips?
ns_2
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
so i have my first comp sci paper on monday (i do ocr) and tbh i just don't understand how to link the registers inside the fetch decode cycle so was hoping someone could explain that?
also, what do i do now bc i've done every single past paper and specimen papers and the zigzag papers?
i'm not really getting the grade i'm aiming for so tips?
I do AQA CS, but, to the best of my knowledge, although you do not need to know the individual registers involved in the FDE cycle, they are self explanatory.

Program Counter (PC) - an incrementing counter that keeps track of the memory address of which instruction is to be executed next...

Memory Address Register (MAR) - the address in main memory that is currently being read or written

Memory Buffer Register (MBR) - a two-way register that holds data fetched from memory (and ready for the CPU to process) or data waiting to be stored in memory

Current Instruction register (CIR) - a temporary holding ground for the instruction that has just been fetched from memory
Evil Homer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey we have a OCR Computer Science exam discussion that might be able to give you some tips about specific questions -> here

Good luck for your exams
robmac2002
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I am also sitting the computer science GCSE exam tomorrow. You don't have much to worry about because I think the grade boundaries will be relatively low. I also want to say that you need to maximise your marks, this can be done by when you come to answer an algorithm based question where you have to complete an algorithm:
- Do a little plan in your head on what will work what won't.
- Once you have completed the coding questions re-read the question and the criteria to ensure you have done what is asked.
- If you cant fully answer the question you should just try and do the first few lines. Even this can get you upwards of 3 marks.

If you need any other practice papers look through the AQA ones, these are really helpful even though they may not be your exam board. You can also look through the supplementary questions however some may not make sense.

Practice paper 1: http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/resource...-85201-SQP.PDF

Supplementary questions: http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/resource...01-SQP-SUP.PDF
Good luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (640)
48.56%
No (678)
51.44%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed