Do sample answers for A- Level sociology really help????

Watch
SnowyOwl2505
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi there,

I’m currently in year 12 and I study the following A- Levels:
- English Literature
- Psychology
- Sociology

So I have studied the AS content for sociology and up until our mock exam time we are doing application techniques. In other words answering exam questions. Now I’ve been told to create sample answers on each subtopic. So for example, in the education topic the first topic is ‘Class differences in achievement- external factors’, so I would create a sample answer on the subtopics such as one sample answer on cultural capital, another one on material deprivation etc. I hope you get what i mean lol! I find that they don’t really help me as such for a number of reasons:
- I am a visual learner
- I don’t like reading off the textbook.

I have made my notes on all the topics for the first year content and I’m up to date. I have done all possible exam papers for the education topic and research methods including the end of topic questions in the AQA A- Level sociology textbook. My teacher has said to create sample answers for the families and households topic and I don’t find it useful because one I’m just writing out the same information from either my textbook or my notes that i have made. Do sample answers help you? How do you revise for sociology? How do you memorise the theorists?

So, how would you use the sample answer in the question been given in your exam? Realistically, if you are creating a sample answer you are basically just stating the AO1 which is the knowledge and understanding!

Advice please?
SnowyOwl2505
Rep:
?
Bump
bonbonoj
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I did sociology, and never bothered making up my own questions and answers. You can try it once or twice and see if it helps.
I don't think you need to make your own, just google more possible questions - as they srs do help.
SnowyOwl2505
Rep:
?
(Original post by bonbonoj)
I did sociology, and never bothered making up my own questions and answers. You can try it once or twice and see if it helps.
I don't think you need to make your own, just google more possible questions - as they srs do help.
Hi thanks for the reply... oh ok I have looked online for possible exam questions on the families topic and I’m in the process of doing then! I find the exam questions do help because on the exam they phrase the question very differently but the answer will be the same so basically those exam questions will be my sample answers.

Thanks
SnowyOwl2505
Rep:
?
Bump
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (39)
17.81%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (62)
28.31%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (84)
38.36%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (29)
13.24%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (5)
2.28%

Watched Threads