Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Guys, I don't wanna sound racist by asking such question but wherever you go or go on Instagram, all you can see are Muslims driving in newest cars and most expensive ones and also wearing top brands. My question is, how do they even do that in the UK? How is that possible that British people so as people from other countries don't even surround themselves in such luxuries?
ChiggenLiggen
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Didn't know muslims could drive cars, i thought they couldn't use inventions that were created after the time of muhamed. Bu tanyway you just jealous cos they flexing their black gold, while you sit in your council house.
username3905222
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
1) Instagram is not real life.
2) You're not being racist , Islam is not a race neither is Christianity.
3) They do but you probably didn't delve deeper in instagram .
ALso maybe they actually worked hard and made money ? just saying
alevelssss
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Guys, I don't wanna sound racist by asking such question but wherever you go or go on Instagram, all you can see are Muslims driving in newest cars and most expensive ones and also wearing top brands. My question is, how do they even do that in the UK? How is that possible that British people so as people from other countries don't even surround themselves in such luxuries?
LMAO i don't think it's all muslims and especially not british muslims. Its mainly arab muslims from the gulf, who are rich (due to all the oil) and come and splurge their money when they visit london often, you'll catch a lot them in places like south kensington oxford street edgware road.
Angry Bird
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
lord aleem is just an individual my guy
basicallyshrek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Bruh...its called drug dealing...

JK LOLOL

no seriously, it depends on the area that you are in, there are muslims in my area who are on benefits and all.

That being said, its probably a cultural thing, stable and high paying jobs in distinguished areas like law and medicine are highly valued in many muslim countries and so there's a big push for education to get those kinda jobs.
loulouwoods12
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Sure you’re not just thinking about all the princes from the Middle East? The guys you see on Instagram with all the fancy expensive stuff aren’t usually in the UK
username3440160
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ChiggenLiggen)
Didn't know muslims could drive cars, i thought they couldn't use inventions that were created after the time of muhamed. Bu tanyway you just jealous cos they flexing their black gold, while you sit in your council house.
And where do you sit? On the streets?
Marshmello's Dad
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
The cars are rented. A lot of muslim people own car rental dealerships because they have a lot of weddings which need hires. It's a high demand so the business always works in muslim areas and they always let people use them whenever if they're close.

The clothes are mostly fake. I'm not saying all muslims wear fake branded stuff but the majority do.

I don't say any of this to cause offence. It's just facts that i've grown up knowing in a muslim area myself.
username3440160
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Cxm)
The cars are rented. A lot of muslim people own car rental dealerships because they have a lot of weddings which need hires. It's a high demand so the business always works in muslim areas and they always let people use them whenever if they're close.

The clothes are mostly fake. I'm not saying all muslims wear fake branded stuff but the majority do.

I don't say any of this to cause offence. It's just facts that i've grown up knowing in a muslim area myself.
And what muslim area would that be? ( I ask as a young muslim and what makes u think the clothing is fake?)
basicallyshrek
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ChiggenLiggen)
omg this is hilarious hahaha

who are youuu, i need to meet you in rl just to see if you're actually this ridiculous lmao
Marshmello's Dad
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by SherlockD)
And what muslim area would that be? ( I ask as a young muslim and what makes u think the clothing is fake?)
I live in birmingham so my area as well as the 3-4 areas around me are all mostly muslim and I know the clothing is fake because the majority of my friends are muslim too and they admit it themselves. Someone's uncle always has some fake branded stuff that he sells from his living room.
Bookaddict02
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
are you talking about mo vlogs and sham idrees? coz they are loaded.
username3440160
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Cxm)
I live in birmingham so my area as well as the 3-4 areas around me are all mostly muslim and I know the clothing is fake because the majority of my friends are muslim too and they admit it themselves. Someone's uncle always has some fake branded stuff that he sells from his living room.
Loool it’s just that I misinterpreted you. You said “ I’m not saying all Muslims wear fake, but the majority do”. In Birmingham, yes. But all as in ALL, that would be wrong.
soIiIoquy
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
maybe they worked hard and earned lots of money to get those cars and top brands perhaps?...

why is this thread reduced to one particular religion? lmao
sarahhh16
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Are you referring to Lord Aleem? His dad owns a car rental business
Anonymous #3
Report 2 years ago
From what I've seem, most Muslims are either middle class or extremely rich with the odd few living in council homes. I've met some saying they're broke when their parents are loaded anyway. A lot of them are pressured into medicine, law and IT/engineering so ig maybe its working in high paid fields?

Someone mentioned fake brands? Lol that's the first time I've heard that (some ppl genuinely have the money trust me). I don't think anyone would show off fake goods on instagram either, just saying since you can always tell the difference.

I know this Muslim girl who is always wearing the most expensive stuff, some bags over £1000 and proper shows off; makes me wish I had money. Then there's this Muslim girl who says she doesn't care about brands but wear fricken Michael kors and Burberry jackets. However I have met some really modest Muslim guys and girls who don't rub money in your face. I was talking about rich ppl and how annoying some can be without knowing the girl I'm talking to was loaded affs; she was so understanding and spoke about charity. Like these girls don't care about dressing up for uni and explicitly telling ppl how much their parents make. It make me feel so much more comfortable.
Anonymous #3
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Cxm)
Idk lol nahh most wear genuine from what I've seen at work and uni

Plus its really obvious when its fake like no back tag or weirdly written logo

maybe its just your area? I can understand Kids/teenagers to think about fake goods tho
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (514)
33.62%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (634)
41.47%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (312)
20.41%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (69)
4.51%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise