The Student Room Group

Why would she not reply to me?

Hi, I have been talking to this girl for a while. We have been both flirting a lot lately and she shows many signs. Yesterday we had a great chat and talked for almost 2 hours non stop at night, replying to each other really quick etc.

This morning we texted again, and she told me she is ill but she is in college cuz she has exams to she has to be there. Basically she said "Hahahahahahhah we have exams so I have to be there". Then I replied with "Ahhh whatever you want then, it's your choice :biggrin:" (I meant to go to college and not stay home). Since then, she hasn't replied, even though she was online on WhatsApp many times (saw her last seen).

Do you think the conversation ended and she has nothing to say, or is it something else? She has shown many signs for me to believe she is not interested or doesn't want to talk, but I don't know..

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Texting gets boring. You need to ask to meet up with her.
Reply 2
Original post by UWS
Texting gets boring. You need to ask to meet up with her.

I see. I will try asking her out soon.

What do others think?
Original post by Anonymous
I see. I will try asking her out soon.

What do others think?

I think you lost your chance, man.
Hi, I have been talking to this girl for a while. We have been both flirting a lot lately and she shows many signs. Yesterday we had a great chat and talked for almost 2 hours non stop at night, replying to each other really quick etc.

This morning we texted again, and she told me she is ill but she is in college cuz she has exams to she has to be there. Basically she said "Hahahahahahhah we have exams so I have to be there". Then I replied with "Ahhh whatever you want then, it's your choice :biggrin:" (I meant to go to college and not stay home). Since then, she hasn't replied, even though she was online on WhatsApp many times (saw her last seen).

Do you think the conversation ended and she has nothing to say, or is it something else? She has shown many signs for me to believe she is not interested or doesn't want to talk, but I don't know..

Probs doesnt have anything to say or just stressed out about wasting time chatting when she could be studying? Idk maybe leave her a while and let her clear her mind... it helps i guess
Reply 5
Original post by Anika678
Probs doesnt have anything to say or just stressed out about wasting time chatting when she could be studying? Idk maybe leave her a while and let her clear her mind... it helps i guess

I don't know man. I have been talking to this girl for almost 4 months, and we started flirting a lot the past 2. Lately we flirt even more etc. We have been non stop talking since then and have met each other a few times. She has said many times how she loves talking to me, that I maker her happy etc but yeah. Her replies are also never short or something, she always laughs in texts and what not.

I am no sure if she doesn't reply because she has nothing to say, but she has been really active on WhatsApp, and that means she is most likely talking to someone else (friend or idk). The question is, why would she choose not to reply to my PM. Not sure..
I don't know man. I have been talking to this girl for almost 4 months, and we started flirting a lot the past 2. Lately we flirt even more etc. We have been non stop talking since then and have met each other a few times. She has said many times how she loves talking to me, that I maker her happy etc but yeah. Her replies are also never short or something, she always laughs in texts and what not.

I am no sure if she doesn't reply because she has nothing to say, but she has been really active on WhatsApp, and that means she is most likely talking to someone else (friend or idk). The question is, why would she choose not to reply to my PM. Not sure..

Then it seems like she's too scared or shy to reach out completely
Chill dude she's probably got stuff to do beside talking to you
Reply 8
Original post by FinnyAlex
Chill dude she's probably got stuff to do beside talking to you

But she is active on WhatsApp (that means she's probably chatting with someone else), but not answering to my message. It takes a few seconds to reply, really. Either she has nothing to say (my last message was something like "Ah okay then, you decide, it's your choice "), or doesn't want to talk to me for some reason.
Reply 9
Then it seems like she's too scared or shy to reach out completely

Why scared or shy? We have been talking a lot for a couple of months, isn't that stupid? She has said many times that she is thinking about me often etc etc (told you some things she has said in the past anyway, I can't mention everything since it's gonna take for ever) and I have responded to all of them in a positive way, flirting back.
But she is active on WhatsApp (that means she's probably chatting with someone else).

You said she has exams, lots of people have group chats for study groups.If you're that desperate for a reply, start another conversation with her, ask her what she's up to. No point in getting worked up over it if she's busy with other stuff.
Original post by FinnyAlex
You said she has exams, lots of people have group chats for study groups.If you're that desperate for a reply, start another conversation with her, ask her what she's up to. No point in getting worked up over it if she's busy with other stuff.

Desperate? No
Not wanting to waste my time if she is not interested? Big yes
Why scared or shy? We have been talking a lot for a couple of months, isn't that stupid? She has said many times that she is thinking about me often etc etc (told you some things she has said in the past anyway, I can't mention everything since it's gonna take for ever) and I have responded to all of them in a positive way, flirting back.

Yea, many do it becuz they arent sure how to respond - if you have been talking before she probably felt lik it was just a friendly/flirty chat but now shes getting tense and feeling real emotions building. Shes edgy and unsure with what you want from her and what she wants from herself. If you want your relationship to move on, id suggest asking openly telling her and asking her out so that she is sure of how you feel for her and so will be sure of the best move to make. Dont worry, girls are like that, they take time to make a decision but that decision is based on alot of internal conflict and alot of deep thinking
Yea, many do it becuz they arent sure how to respond - if you have been talking before she probably felt lik it was just a friendly/flirty chat but now shes getting tense and feeling real emotions building. Shes edgy and unsure with what you want from her and what she wants from herself. If you want your relationship to move on, id suggest asking openly telling her and asking her out so that she is sure of how you feel for her and so will be sure of the best move to make. Dont worry, girls are like that, they take time to make a decision but that decision is based on alot of internal conflict and alot of deep thinking

I am pretty sure that if my last message was a question or something else, rather than that, she would have replied.

I am overthinking a lot, I don't know. Sometimes I feel she doesn't really want to talk to me and stuff even though her actions/words have been proving otherwise since the day we talked for the first time. And this ''if a girl likes you, she will do her best to talk to you'' etc etc, such things make me worried.
I am pretty sure that if my last message was a question or something else, rather than that, she would have replied.

I am overthinking a lot, I don't know. Sometimes I feel she doesn't really want to talk to me and stuff even though her actions/words have been proving otherwise since the day we talked for the first time. And this ''if a girl likes you, she will do her best to talk to you'' etc etc, such things make me worried.

Hi again, yep deff agreed you are worrying yourself - mayb i should mention Im a girl and ive been through this stage before. Its called silence stage (in my terms) like I said before she probably does like you and really wants to be with you but shes scared of being rejected or making the wrong decision. If you had asked her a question, she would have replied with something kinda vague, just give her a bit more time - a couple of days, or just go ahead and casually ask her out. But seriously, stop worrying if she says shes not into you or anything, mayb move on
This is simple. Now message and ask how the exam was.
I'd say somewhere along the line she misunderstood what you wrote and took it in a not nice way.
Not sure if she wants to talk to me, so I would rather wait for her to message, if she doesn't, then well..

Thanks for your opinion though.
Hi again, yep deff agreed you are worrying yourself - mayb i should mention Im a girl and ive been through this stage before. Its called silence stage (in my terms) like I said before she probably does like you and really wants to be with you but shes scared of being rejected or making the wrong decision. If you had asked her a question, she would have replied with something kinda vague, just give her a bit more time - a couple of days, or just go ahead and casually ask her out. But seriously, stop worrying if she says shes not into you or anything, mayb move on

She replied today, after a day, and she said ''Hahahaha good morning, sorry for not answering, I wasn't feeling okay''.

Not sure if I should believe that tho. I mean yeah she had fever, she even left college earlier today because she was not feeling well, but still, why would she not feel okay to talk to me but not to others too? Because, as I said, she was online on whatsapp yesterday but replied today.
She replied today, after a day, and she said ''Hahahaha good morning, sorry for not answering, I wasn't feeling okay''.

Not sure if I should believe that tho. I mean yeah she had fever, she even left college earlier today because she was not feeling well, but still, why would she not feel okay to talk to me but not to others too? Because, as I said, she was online on whatsapp yesterday but replied today.

You need to calm down and stop obsessing over paranoid delusions sparked from a Whatsapp last seen time.

She probably wanted to text a parent or a friend rather than spend time and effort thinking about what to respond with to a guy who isn't making a SINGLE move on her. Girls traditionally want the guy to make the first move, they want to be chased. Why don't you text her while in college asking to meet her. Maybe that way you'll actually speak to her in person and see if you two actually connect as individual human beings rather than obsessing over a lack of continual and rapid responses over a ****ing social media platform.
Bruv she playing let go abort mission.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending