The Student Room Group

How do grades add up for AS and A2?

I got a 93% (a) in CIE psychology for AS level, but I haven't studied since and I'm worried that I'll fail the A2 exam (paper 3). Will I still pass the overall A level if I get a U at A2? (a D or E is fine because I've got an unconditional offer for uni)

P.S. I know I'm an idiot for not studying lol
Reply 1
I think for an unconditional you just have to take the exam. This will bite you in the arse though because I think some jobs actually look for UCAS points
Reply 2
Original post by Sinnoh
I think for an unconditional you just have to take the exam. This will bite you in the arse though because I think some jobs actually look for UCAS points

Thanks for your response, but do you happen to know whether failing A2 results in not receiving an A level grade at all? I understand that it may be a problem for job applications but I suppose I'll have to do better in uni. I'm from India so we don't have UCAS points.
Reply 3
Original post by mytoesis
Thanks for your response, but do you happen to know whether failing A2 results in not receiving an A level grade at all? I understand that it may be a problem for job applications but I suppose I'll have to do better in uni. I'm from India so we don't have UCAS points.

U is short for ungraded so it's technically not a result.
Reply 4
Original post by Sinnoh
U is short for ungraded so it's technically not a result.

True. Thanks for taking the time to respond :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest