The Student Room Group

Edexcel IGCSE Biology 15th May 2018 [Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mehhh1234
found rhino question hard. what did you get? ( i got 570)

I got 5.7m?!
Anyone found paper 1BR difficult if so what. For the last question plants respond to light by elongation and so on what about animals was i suppose to talk about the eye?
Reply 82
Original post by nikwadz
I JUST FINISHED the eXAM!!! Honestly did not find it EXTREMELY difficult, it was bad, I know i messed up a bit, on the bar chart graph especially, but overall it was pretty decent. How did you guys do?

honestly i found it pretty difficult. the questions were unlike what i'd seen in any one of the past papers. did you give 1br or 1b?
I missed out the back page, anything I can do?
Does anyone remember any correct answers? What did we have to answer for the last question (Question 12)?
Original post by alicewarren
Omg u genius I literally said so the astronauts could eat omg I'm so dumb lol

To be fair, the entire space plants topic just felt like Edexcel was running out of ideas. I mean, it was quite clear from last year’s paper.
I found that I had actually revised most of the things that came up but for some of the questions I didn't know what they were asking because they were worded badly?! Anyone else?!
Reply 87
Original post by Salver96
Anyone found paper 1BR difficult if so what. For the last question plants respond to light by elongation and so on what about animals was i suppose to talk about the eye?

i think so. i realised after the exam that i was supposed to write that. im pretty bummed, i was expecting it to go better.
The length of the rhino I put was 2m as it wasn't from the ground but from the shoulder bone to the top as that would include the leg
Original post by alicewarren
Why do NASA need plants in space?!??

I just said the oxygen level could be controlled ?!
Original post by sharika1212
i just did the edexcel igcse biology 15th may -2018 paper today and i would really like to know how was the bar graph plotted cause it took me straight 15-20 minutes to get around what was happening ..... how did we had to do it ??

anyone thanks
x

I just did it the normal way? why are people finding it so hard?
Original post by Gcsebusiness
The length of the rhino I put was 2m as it wasn't from the ground but from the shoulder bone to the top as that would include the leg

It said the distance of the shoulder bone from the ground I believe ??
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by cantdochem
this meme is beautiful

Thank you
I genuinely think I failed idk why i found it so hard
Original post by Salver96

it's fine faisal..
COMBINED SCIENCE BIOLOGY HIGHER PAPER CONFUSED ME TOOOOOO MUCHHHH???? Anyone else thought it was hard
is there an unofficial mark scheme yet?
Original post by gk6790
What parts did you find the hardest, the corms me confued

the corms was my worst- like i had no clue about yeast so i kinda made it up lmao
Original post by DannyZyphos
I missed out the back page, anything I can do?

pray for the boundaries to be low
after hours of revision we needed to measure the height of a rhino...okay edexcel

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending