The Student Room Group

4 advanced highers next year

So I’m taking AH maths, chemistry, biology and physics next year. How bad is my year going to be? Like how difficult am I going to find it?

If it helps, I should be getting A’s in all the subjects that I’m taking next year, this year
Wow, I don’t want to just blatantly say “DONT DO IT” because it sounds like you’re capable of a lot but 4 advanced highers (particularly all 3 sciences and maths - aka probably the 4 hardest AHs) seems like way too much not to mention unnecessary as literally no course or uni you apply to will ask for any more than a maximum of 3 AHs. I’m taking 2 advanced highers (English and biology) and a crash higher in RMPS this year and that’ll be plenty for me but go for it if you want to.
Original post by Sonder1
So I’m taking AH maths, chemistry, biology and physics next year. How bad is my year going to be? Like how difficult am I going to find it?

If it helps, I should be getting A’s in all the subjects that I’m taking next year, this year

I did the exact same four advanced highers this year, it's definitely doable (assuming you're decent at science)! you'll have to work hard and actually do homework/revision during study periods :tongue: the hardest bit is getting through all the assignments, but after your first assignment you'll be so used to writing them it'll be easy :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by hydroxide
I did the exact same four advanced highers this year, it's definitely doable (assuming you're decent at science)! you'll have to work hard and actually do homework/revision during study periods :tongue: the hardest bit is getting through all the assignments, but after your first assignment you'll be so used to writing them it'll be easy :smile:

Thank god im not the only one. What do you have to do for the assignments and how many marks are they worth?
Original post by Sonder1
Thank god im not the only one. What do you have to do for the assignments and how many marks are they worth?

you carry out an investigation in basically any topic you like (or your teacher will give recommendations), then you write up a report on it...they're worth 23% in chem and physics and 25% in biology
Reply 5
Original post by hydroxide
you carry out an investigation in basically any topic you like (or your teacher will give recommendations), then you write up a report on it...they're worth 23% in chem and physics and 25% in biology

That sounds alright, also I great name. How’d you think you done in your exams?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending