Turn on thread page Beta

A-Level OCR Religious Studies H573 05/11/18th June [Exam Discussion] watch

ReputationRep:
    What topics do you think are going to come up?

Feel free to raise any queries or worries you may have with regards to the course here and hopefully someone will be able to support you!

ReputationRep:
    why doesn't anyone do aqa RS

ReputationRep:
    how do people do so good in rs and get full marks??? I’ve heard so many people say rs is an easy subject but how? How do you revise for t and actually do well. In my gcse I got full UMS and now I’m getting B’s/C’s. Any tips??
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    For the falsification principle how can I best summarise Stu and Lous garden idea
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Just to let you know I have added this to the exam thread directory that you can find here.

Good luck with your exams, I hope the revision is going well!

ReputationRep:
    There are enough topics that I doubt an AS topic will come up again (Problem of evil, Cosmological, Body mind and soul). I'm not going to risk it though. Are any of you dropping a topic? You can afford to drop one and then answer the other three if it comes up. Tempted to drop 20th century perspectives or religious language because I hate them. This is my most stressful exam - praying for low boundaries..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olivia -)
    There are enough topics that I doubt an AS topic will come up again (Problem of evil, Cosmological, Body mind and soul). I'm not going to risk it though. Are any of you dropping a topic? You can afford to drop one and then answer the other three if it comes up. Tempted to drop 20th century perspectives or religious language because I hate them. This is my most stressful exam - praying for low boundaries..
    so those are the topics that came up in late years AS exams

ReputationRep:
    I’m unhealthily nervous for Paper 1, revising it over and over but it’s still just as difficult any revision tips?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joelnamja)
    so those are the topics that came up in late years AS exams
    yeah

ReputationRep:
    I'm heavily considering dropping religious language and hoping to god that doesnt come up or if it does the other three questions are okay.. At this point I'm so stressed none of the info is sticking in my head and I feel as though I've forgotten absolutely everything. I wish we had to do one 40 marker and then like a 20 marker and a 10 marker or something....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiiro)
    I'm heavily considering dropping religious language and hoping to god that doesnt come up or if it does the other three questions are okay.. At this point I'm so stressed none of the info is sticking in my head and I feel as though I've forgotten absolutely everything. I wish we had to do one 40 marker and then like a 20 marker and a 10 marker or something....
    that's exactly what i'm doing, i find it so hard to evaluate religious language and it's so long so i'm dropping it. praying for abnormally low grade boundaries

ReputationRep:
    Which topics do you think will come up tomorrow? 😩

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping religious experience doesn't come up not matter how much I revise it it just won't stick. Everything else I'm fine with. Any predictions???

ReputationRep:
    I don't think(!) the AS topics that came up last year will come up again. I've dropped 20th century perspectives, so hopefully that doesn't come up. The topics on the specimen paper are arguments based on reason, religious language (analogy and symbol), body and soul, and religious experience.

I'm terrified lol I definitely haven't revised enough
    If it's any consolation my teacher told us that the people who revise less often do better because not knowing as much AO1 forces you to evaluate more to 'fill the space', which is a good thing because AO2 is 60% of the mark

ReputationRep:
    What were the AS topics this yr?

ReputationRep:
    In a question such as To what extent is plato sucsessful in explainign the world Am I okay to talk about aristotle As in 'Plato's theory is flawed, Aristotles theory is much better...'That sort of thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oliverfirth)
    In a question such as To what extent is plato sucsessful in explainign the world Am I okay to talk about aristotle As in 'Plato's theory is flawed, Aristotles theory is much better...'That sort of thing
    yeah but make sure you discuss and evaluate plato's theory first before you move on to aristotle. you'll lose a lot of marks if you disregard the statement/question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olivia -)
    I don't think(!) the AS topics that came up last year will come up again. I've dropped 20th century perspectives, so hopefully that doesn't come up. The topics on the specimen paper are arguments based on reason, religious language (analogy and symbol), body and soul, and religious experience.

I'm terrified lol I definitely haven't revised enough
    If it's any consolation my teacher told us that the people who revise less often do better because not knowing as much AO1 forces you to evaluate more to 'fill the space', which is a good thing because AO2 is 60% of the mark
    This is up there with some of the most stupid advice given by a teacher.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sat here not wanting to revise Mind Body and Soul or Problem of Evil. As they came up in the AS paper, do you think they'd come up in the paper tomorrow?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrLordofthemic)
    This is up there with some of the most stupid advice given by a teacher.
    yeah she was pretty bad. taught us 2 topics and left

(i wasn't advocating her advice in the op just to clarify)

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.