The Student Room Group

A-Level OCR Religious Studies H573 05/11/18th June [Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Scarlett4
I did very similar - i didnt know if i should discuss cosmo or teleo or both as it applies to both so i did a bit of a mix and dont know if i said too litrls on each

Original post by tomouski
I argued saying that observation does provide proof of God and used Paley’s design argument and Aquinas saying we can see things have a telos and this comes from God. Hopefully I did ok, I just don’t want to fail

Those both seem like perfectly acceptable answers to me, I'm sure you didn't fail, well done guys :smile:
Am I the only one who did Boethius and find it actually ok???
Original post by emilybrand_

It was the one i decided not to learn for the exam - it wasnt horrific i just ran out of time to learn it in the end x how did you find the other ones :smile:
Original post by emilybrand_

I did Boethius and I thought the stuff I knew and evaluated was decent but I didn't know enough, only wrote 4 pages + conclusion of which the last paragraph was just waffle
Reply 44
What was the wording of the Boethius question?
Guys in you sixth forms, what do you teachers use as grade boundaries for each essay? I just want to have a rough idea what grade boundaries could vary likeMy teacher uses:A - 32 B - 28C - 24D - 20
I ran out of time! I'm predicted an A but I think I got a C for that exam:frown:!!
Reply 47
How many evaluations did you all do in religious language?
Reply 48
Does anyone know what the grade boundaries will be?
Original post by Harriette54705
Guys in you sixth forms, what do you teachers use as grade boundaries for each essay? I just want to have a rough idea what grade boundaries could vary likeMy teacher uses:A - 32 B - 28C - 24D - 20

Mine uses the same as yours. The 2017 AS boundaries were lower though. AS essays were out of 30 and it was about 73% or 22/30 for an A. 73% for A2 is about 30/40, so a couple of marks lower than what our teachers use

Hopefully they'll be slightly lower this year though as it's the first year of the full A2 course
Original post by Joe312
It's absolutely valid to do both cosmo and teleo. As long as you managed to get enough AO2 evaluation in there should be fine!

One could even have talked about the problem of evil answering this question, using Hume's evidential problem of evil which says that observation provides no evidence (for the God of classical theism in this case).

Yay! I brought up problem of evil in my conclusion. I always try to make links across topics in my answers so hopefully they’ll like that.
Reply 51
I ran out of time! I'm predicted an A but I think I got a C for that exam:frown:!!

So did I do not worry!
Original post by ZoeN2
Does anyone know what the grade boundaries will be?

What did your teacher roughly use to mark your essays like what were the grade boundaries?
My teacher said A = 32, B = 28, C = 24, D = 20 but he said they may vary based on how everyone performed

Not entirely sure but I know that my teachers mark harshly so that we don’t get our hopes up lol
Original post by ZoeN2
So did I do not worry!

How much did you write for your last essay?
Original post by tomouski
Not entirely sure but I know that my teachers mark harshly so that we don’t get our hopes up lol

Do you know what your teacher's grade boundaries were roughly like? Sorry I'm just so frantic rn idk how to feel about that exam
Reply 56
Mine was like 30 for an A, 25 + for a B 20-25 for a C and under 20 D E ect
Do you know what your teacher's grade boundaries were roughly like? Sorry I'm just so frantic rn idk how to feel about that exam

I’ll grab my folder and see what mark/grade my last essay was
Original post by ZoeN2
Mine was like 30 for an A, 25 + for a B 20-25 for a C and under 20 D E ect

Oh that makes me feel a little better, hopefully I didn't do too bad😭😭

Last half assed essay I got given back got 27/40 which was marked as a C

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending