The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Psychology Level 2 Course?

Hiya, could anyone who is doing or has done level 2 psychology, tell me which textbook was recommended, or any of the things you studied in the first semester? I love psychology and really want to get ahead.

EDIT: I mean the Level 2 programme at the university, sorry for the confusion

Thank you!
(edited 5 years ago)
Is level 2 A level?
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Original post by rebel_by_default
Hiya, could anyone who is doing or has done level 2 psychology, tell me which textbook was recommended, or any of the things you studied in the first semester? I love psychology and really want to get ahead.

EDIT: I mean the Level 2 programme at the university, sorry for the confusion

Thank you!

Hi Rebel, I just finished Level 2 Psychology so hopefully I can help answer some of your questions. In first semester, we studied Perception & Visual Cognition, Cognitive Psychology, Psychobiology, Research Planning & Design, and Statistics & Research Methods.

In second semester, we looked at Social Psychology, Developmental Psychology, Individual Differences, and Statistics & Research Methods.

Each topic was about 8 - 10 lecturers each. Textbook wise, it wasn't as textbook focused as Level 1 was, there was however a lot of external reading such as journals and studies. This is what made Level 2 more challenging, part of the criteria for doing well is going out and looking for your own studies to use as support for your arguments in the exam (essay style).

Lecturers will recommend textbooks, and if you can find them definitely use them. The level 1 textbook I used (Psychology: The Science of Mind and Behaviour, 2nd Edition) was useful to an extent in understanding simpler content, but overall textbooks will be recommended appropriate to your year. Personally speaking, Perception and Visual Cognition was a hard topic and required a lot of external and re-reading.

Hope this helped!

Aaron

Quick Reply

Latest