Predictions for Biology Paper 1 AQA 2018? Watch

cerysargent
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Anyone have any predictions for the biology exam AQA 2018? My exam is on Tuesday :|
Eashy
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
There will definitely be a question or 2 on food tests cause it is a new topic also microscopy... I’m also thinking that exchanging surfaces will be on it and if u see in the cgp book (if you have it) paper 1 is topics 1-4 (Cell biology, Organisation, Infection and response and bioenergetics).Good luck
username3908252
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I think we will definitely be a diagram that you have to annotate either the heart or a microscope
alphabetagam
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Try my practice papers for Biology Paper 1 - 3 exam papers to have a go at!
Aasha135
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by alphabetagam)
Try my practice papers for Biology Paper 1 - 3 exam papers to have a go at!
How can i access your practice papers? Thank you
alphabetagam
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Aasha135)
How can i access your practice papers? Thank you
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5356838
ineeedhellp
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Eashy)
There will definitely be a question or 2 on food tests cause it is a new topic also microscopy... I’m also thinking that exchanging surfaces will be on it and if u see in the cgp book (if you have it) paper 1 is topics 1-4 (Cell biology, Organisation, Infection and response and bioenergetics.Good luck
do you reckon well have to know the parts of a microscope
Aasha135
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thanks a lot!
Eashy
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
the eye, brain and the CNS are paper 2 aren’t they? I swear they are, pls confirm if possible.
alphabetagam
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Eashy)
the eye, brain and the CNS are paper 2 aren’t they? I swear they are, pls confirm if possible.
Yes, they are.
Eashy
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ineeedhellp)
do you reckon well have to know the parts of a microscope
No don’t worry thats A-level I think. If there is a microscopy question, it will be on Magnification=image size/actual size, or conversions of units
Eashy
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by alphabetagam)
Yes, they are.
oh ok thanks
ineeedhellp
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
ok thx what units could we have to change
Eashy
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
ok thx what units could we have to change
1km=100m
1m=100cm
1cm=10mm
1mm=1000µ
1µ=1000nm

^^^ There u go 😂
ineeedhellp
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Eashy)
1km=100m
1m=100cm
1cm=10mm
1mm=1000µ
1µ=1000nm

^^^ There u go 😂
thanks for that but im pretty sure you made a slight error in 1km= 100m isnt it 1000m in 1km
reuv
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Just a quick note for everyone, i was looking at the bio specification and found this:

Fundamental biological concepts and principles Students should have a basic understanding of the following biological principles and be able to apply them in either paper:
• The structure and functioning of cells and how they divide by mitosis and meiosis from sections Cell biology and Meiosis.
• That variation occurs when gametes fuse at fertilisation from section Sexual and asexual reproduction.
• The two essential reactions for life on Earth: photosynthesis and respiration from sections Photosynthetic reaction and Aerobic and anaerobic respiration.
• Metabolism is the sum of all the reactions happening in a cell or organism, in which molecules are made or broken down from section Metabolism.
• All molecules are recycled between the living world and the environment to sustain life from section How materials are cycled. Students should be able to recall and use this knowledge in questions that link different areas of the specification to develop coherent arguments and explanations.

so i imagine that there will be some links between the info in both exams, so better to be familiar with it.
Eashy
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
thanks for that but im pretty sure you made a slight error in 1km= 100m isnt it 1000m in 1km
yep sorry haha
reuv
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
so even though meiosis is not officially in paper 1, you still have to know it................
Eashy
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by reuv)
Just a quick note for everyone, i was looking at the bio specification and found this:

Fundamental biological concepts and principles Students should have a basic understanding of the following biological principles and be able to apply them in either paper:
• The structure and functioning of cells and how they divide by mitosis and meiosis from sections Cell biology and Meiosis.
• That variation occurs when gametes fuse at fertilisation from section Sexual and asexual reproduction.
• The two essential reactions for life on Earth: photosynthesis and respiration from sections Photosynthetic reaction and Aerobic and anaerobic respiration.
• Metabolism is the sum of all the reactions happening in a cell or organism, in which molecules are made or broken down from section Metabolism.
• All molecules are recycled between the living world and the environment to sustain life from section How materials are cycled. Students should be able to recall and use this knowledge in questions that link different areas of the specification to develop coherent arguments and explanations.

so i imagine that there will be some links between the info in both exams, so better to be familiar with it.
thank you so much for help
kiriii
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by reuv)
so even though meiosis is not officially in paper 1, you still have to know it................
yes as other forms of cell division are there such as mitosis and you could easily get asked about meiosis in the process.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (23)
6.73%
They might tell the bully (33)
9.65%
I don't think they'd understand (52)
15.2%
It might lead to more bullying (132)
38.6%
There's nothing they could do (102)
29.82%

Watched Threads