Turn on thread page Beta

Edexcel GCSE Computer Science Paper 1: 1CP1_01 - 14 May [Exam Discussion] watch

ReputationRep:
    4 days to go any other edexcel students who have an idea of what will happen to grade boundaries or whether we are screwed or not?

ReputationRep:
    How are you revising, what resources are you using?

ReputationRep:
    Well we only have the two papers the board has provided and another 2 from pixil other then that we have nothing. Honestly all i am doing to revise is somehow memorise the revision guide. wbu?
    (Original post by Jwoodcock)
    How are you revising, what resources are you using?

ReputationRep:
    well i couldn't buy the revision guide as the school ordered it in december but they came last week so for revision i use an online revision guide i found, computer science tutor on youtube and powerpoints

are u guys ready!!!!1 im defo scared

ReputationRep:
    Grade boundary-wise, from what I know you only needed about 52% last year to get a B and if anything, with the new GCSE stuff, grade boundaries shouldn't be going up - they'll likely go down, which is the only positive thing I'm feeling about this exam ahaha

But yeah I'm actually pretty nervous

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cutiecorn)
    well i couldn't buy the revision guide as the school ordered it in december but they came last week so for revision i use an online revision guide i found, computer science tutor on youtube and powerpoints

are u guys ready!!!!1 im defo scared
    The exam board honestly are being ridiculous because we ordered our revision guide in the beginning of yr 10 and they literally came out in oct yr 11. Plus they have only given us 2 specimen papers and no details at all.

I feel ready but I am also nervous at the same time but fingers crossed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by giothevanna11)
    Grade boundary-wise, from what I know you only needed about 52% last year to get a B and if anything, with the new GCSE stuff, grade boundaries shouldn't be going up - they'll likely go down, which is the only positive thing I'm feeling about this exam ahaha

But yeah I'm actually pretty nervous
    I really hope the grade boundaries will drop because honestly at my school the highest percentage some has ever got was like 65% and that isn't a good thing so hopefully the papers aren't hard plus grade boundaries will drop. Just gotta get through this and stay alive!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lordhelpmeh)
    I really hope the grade boundaries will drop because honestly at my school the highest percentage some has ever got was like 65% and that isn't a good thing so hopefully the papers aren't hard plus grade boundaries will drop. Just gotta get through this and stay alive!
    Yeah, I got the highest in my class but that was 'only' 70% (and tbh a lot of people in my class either failed or barely passed), so it's slightly more reassuring to know that others are in a similar position!!

Best of luck to you (and everyone else in this thread!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by giothevanna11)
    Yeah, I got the highest in my class but that was 'only' 70% (and tbh a lot of people in my class either failed or barely passed), so it's slightly more reassuring to know that others are in a similar position!!

Best of luck to you (and everyone else in this thread!)
    Same I was so worried that my school is the only one finding it really hard but thankfully there are others like us. Good luck to you too and every one else.
    Tomorrow we'll finally know how it actually is

ReputationRep:
    Anybody got any predictions of what might come up?
    I really hope operating systems doesn’t come up
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Good to see I’m not the only one doing this exam board :P
    Good luck everyone tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    Goood luck everyone

ReputationRep:
    How did you guys find it?

That last question was really hard!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    I agree man! I thought it would be nice because I saw cloud storage but then i saw the virtualisation and i was like The rest of the paper was alright.

ReputationRep:
    What did you say about it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ricey123)
    What did you say about it?
    Is your name Rhyse? imo

ReputationRep:
    Guys how was the overall paper? I have a feeling i messed up most of them

ReputationRep:
    I found this exam fine but mehhhhhh It could've been better sorry but the caesar cipher was disgusting and the last question was bad but i guessed my way through it. But what surprised me was the fact that there were three 5 markers. Well paper 2 hopefully will rescue us :P.

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was ok, apart from that last question on virtualisation.

ReputationRep:
    it was easy but the last question confused me alot

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 14, 2018

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.