The Student Room Group

Edexcel ial chemistry unit 1 june 2018 discussion & predictions

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Presto
They might allow you never know

help to the question up ^^^^
Original post by Lara_18
Don't worry. you still have 77 marks. I'm sure you would have done it well. keep your hopes high 😊

Awww thank you 💞💞. M still sure that I would've made so many other careless mistakes lolol
Original post by IGCSEsurvivor
what did you guys put for the question on spectrometer, the one that asks about what is P

i wrote that it's the electric field that accelerates the ions but i have a strong feeling it's wrong
Original post by Kevin.US
what was the answer for the mcq about metallic bonds and ionic compounds.I cant remeber that exactly.
the answer was electrostatic forces right???
did anyone picked this answer

Yup. That's the answer I picked. Not sure if it's right coz one of the other answers in the options was so similar and I was confused.
Original post by runballadmix
i wrote that it's the electric field that accelerates the ions but i have a strong feeling it's wrong

Your answer is correct. It is the electric field that accelerates the ions by passing them through the charged metal plates.
Original post by abdullahbm17
yeah multiplied by 5

Wasn't it cyclohexane hence 6 bonds?
Original post by runballadmix

It's right. You could have mentioned either electric field or negatively charged plates with slits in them
What was the delta H x value, from the enthalpy change question?
Original post by IGCSEsurvivor
what did you guys put for the question on spectrometer, the one that asks about what is P

I wrote that it's the magnetic plate of the deflector. Wbu?
Original post by Xoana200
Your answer is correct. It is the electric field that accelerates the ions by passing them through the charged metal plates.

UGHHHHHH I put velocity sector because I though that the dotted square as the electric field [facepalm]
Original post by Thachi3
What was the delta H x value, from the enthalpy change question?

most got -308 kJmol-1
Original post by amal29
I wrote that it's the magnetic plate of the deflector. Wbu?

I think that you've mistaken between the question under it.
what did you guys write for the relative atomic mass for magnesium ?
how did you guys draw the C6H11 free radical joining together
Yup. That's the answer I picked. Not sure if it's right coz one of the other answers in the options was so similar and I was confused.

The other option was that both ionic and metallic bonding ' is the attraction between positively charged and negatively charged IONS'. Since metallic bonding is the attraction between delocalised ELECTRONS and ions, both ionic and metallic having
"electrostatic" force was the correct option.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Alevelstudent001
how did you guys draw the C6H11 free radical joining together

two cyclohexane molecules connected to each other via C-C bond
Original post by pearlcuddle28
what did you guys write for the relative atomic mass for magnesium ?

you were supposed to multiply and then add values, the trick here was to divide by 1 as the total abundances summed up to 1
Reply 357
there is one already but it's pretty dead
link is here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=77729684&highlight=edexcel%20biology%20ial%20uni%201

Original post by Kevin.US
somebody please start a biology unit 1 thread please

yep me too.
What was the bond enthalpy?
I got +7036 kJmol^-1 😅

Quick Reply

Latest