The Student Room Group

My friend tried to kiss my girlfriend. What should I do??

I’ve only found this out now. About a week ago me and my girlfriend were at a party and we had an argument (which was resolved) but during our little argument one of my friends (a boy) tried to lean in to kiss my girlfriend she didn’t follow through and backed away (which is really good thank god) however I found this out through someone else and not her. Should she have told me? And what should I do with my friend? Any advice on what I should do with this information??
Many thanks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
- She should have told you
- Punch him in the face
- She should have told you..but, maybe she didn't want you to get mad at him and possibly cause harm, especially since nothing happened between him and her in the end

- **** him up.
Reply 3
fight him in a sword duel , and dont worry too much about your gf, nothing really happened between her and the guy
And I forgot to add..stop calling him 'friend'. A real friend would never attempt to do something like that.
Original post by gohdlike
fight him in a sword duel , and dont worry too much about your gf, nothing really happened between her and the guy

Ignore this. Get out the revolvers.
I think you should talk to your girlfriend about it because there may be more to the story. Just to clear the air, it's better if you talk to her about it. As for your friend, again there is always more to the story so if you want to talk to him, that is your choice. If he was the one who instigated the kiss, then I don't think I would consider a person who does that behind my back a friend. I would personally distance myself from that person. A friend respects you and does not take advantage of a situation like that. I would suggest you cut ties with that person and leave it at that if that's the case. If it turns out to be the other way around, it will be your choice to continue the relationship or end it.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
I’ve only found this out now. About a week ago me and my girlfriend were at a party and we had an argument (which was resolved) but during our little argument one of my friends (a boy) tried to lean in to kiss my girlfriend she didn’t follow through and backed away (which is really good thank god) however I found this out through someone else and not her. Should she have told me? And what should I do with my friend? Any advice on what I should do with this information??
Many thanks

She should have told you but I can understand she didn’t tell you bc you would get even more mad, but she did back away. I’m sure she will tell you in her own time. But nothing happened between them so I don’t think it’s too much of a big deal tbh :smile:
And maybe talk to her first, get her opinion and perspective first and then confront him :smile:
I must ask if he tried to kiss your girl, is he really your friend?💁🏻*♀️
(edited 5 years ago)
Talk to him. Find out why. Asked your girlfriend does she love you. If I guess it's time to move on
Reply 9
Original post by alicesmiloves
I think you should talk to your girlfriend about it because there may be more to the story. Just to clear the air, it's better if you talk to her about it. As for your friend, again there is always more to the story so if you want to talk to him, that is your choice. If he was the one who instigated the kiss, then I don't think I would consider a person who does that behind my back a friend. I would personally distance myself from that person. A friend respects you and does not take advantage of a situation like that. I would suggest you cut ties with that person and leave it at that if that's the case. If it turns out to be the other way around, it will be your choice to continue the relationship or end it.

Thank you and it was him who instigated the kiss but that’s what I’m told it’s hard to tell what really happened and what’s true
Reply 10
Original post by G-Wizzle
Ignore this. Get out the revolvers.

Ignore this mount a horse and wear your finest armors.
Thank you and my ”friend” was the one who tried to kiss my girlfriend but that’s what I was told. It’s hard to tell what actually happened and what’s true
Original post by alicesmiloves

That is a very typical girl response haha (not that theres anything wrong with that)

Many thanks

Im a very calm person but if a guy, any guy tried to do that to my girlfriend i would get really aggressive haha. Just get a spade, hit him on the head and bury him in your granny's garden is what i'd suggest
Many thanks

If all fails you can always hit up the Jeremy Kyle show?😆
Burn that bridge and use the fire to light a spliff.
Another thing that worries me is the fact she hasn't told me which makes me think that maybe something did happen?
Hey thread starter, it appears your girlfriend might be on here since I just read a similar thread regarding someone not kissing her and that her and this guy have a very complicated relationship. Not saying it's her but it could be. Thought I'd let you know.
Hey thread starter, it appears your girlfriend might be on here since I just read a similar thread regarding someone not kissing her and that her and this guy have a very complicated relationship. Not saying it's her but it could be. Thought I'd let you know.

could you possibly tell me what the thread is called so i can search it and check. i doubt it but i would like to check.
thanks
So confront them. In case they deny it, say "my girlfriend told me" to ur friend and "my friend told me" to your gf.
could you possibly tell me what the thread is called so i can search it and check. i doubt it but i would like to check.
thanks

How do you know if a guy wanted to kiss you but then didn't take the opportunity

Quick Reply