Is Urban Models Agency a scam

Watch
jenniferaghedo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi, I was recently scouted on instagram through face.model.agency / urban model agency and I've been contacted through whatsapp and selected but they're asking for a £19.99 registration fee for a membership ID on their site which I need to sign up for casting opportunities. I was just wondering if this is mormal/ legit?
nickiminaj20
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Never pay for photos or pay for membership fees. Always do your research I did and I have recently got myself out of a scam.
Jdan7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I also got scouted my urban model agency. I’ve been receiving photo shoot opportunities via WhatsApp but not sure if there legit. They want £19.99 to complete registration. It’s not a lot but still don’t want to get scammed. Has anyone signed up? Or can give more details about this agency to validate them
Roxylouise23
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi there, they are not good. I applied with them and the next day they gold hold of me sent me a mesaage on whatsapp. And said congratulations you havw bwwn put forward for a paid shoot. If you havw any questions if me a call. And the following day i called them 9 times no answer what so ever. And then yesterday a few times still no answer and the woman who messaged me i swnt her lota of messages . She read them and ignored them. And then i said to her what i think because ivw been ripped off by so many people for modelling . And i said to her to take down there so called website because its a load of rubbish and the voicemessage sounds fake. And i had to pay 19.99 too but luckly i didnt pay it. Just be careful guys add me on instagram roxylvsdamian1998
Roxylouise23
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi do not go with anything they say, basically i applied with them cause all im wanting now is paid modelling work. The next day they send me a message through whatsapp saying ive been put forward for a shoot congratulations . And if you have any qiestions feel free to give me a call . And the following day i called them 9 times and there was no answer . And yesterday a few times still no answer i left her messages and she read them but ignored them. And then i send them a messsage with what i think because ive been ripped of so many times . And told her to take her so called website down . And she said i wasnt in my office all day and tou have now been took off our system and also i had to pay 19.99 for a membership just be careful add my instagram roxylvsdamian1998
Anonymous #1
Report 2 years ago
I got scouted too and recently applied. Should I not joint them then. The website looks a bit dodge to be honest.
Roxylouise23
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
No don't join them , they will try and get money off you
Anonymous #1
Report 2 years ago
Ok thank you
Student360
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi, I also got scouted by this so called agency, they say they've been in operation since 2016, has anyone actually gotten jobs from them?
Annielle
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Big scam! After receiving the Whatsapp messages and getting constantly bombarded to pay this £19.99 membership I went online to check reviews then I questioned the women texting me about how legitimate the company is and she replied saying I had been removed from the system because of that
Teethejawn
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi this same exact thing is happening to me! It was supposed to be a one time payment and I noticed that they have been trying to take £20 each month off of a ‘subscription’ I never agreed to! How do you stop this from happening
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (433)
56.53%
I don't have everything I need (333)
43.47%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

Oops, nobody has posted
in the last few hours.

Why not re-start the conversation?

Start new discussion

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise