I miss my ex-boyfriend more when I’m in a new environment

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I’ve always had this. When I was younger and I had crushes on boys, the crush would always intensify whenever I went away on holiday or to my grandparents’ house. (I often didn’t enjoy holidays).

Now I’m 20 and I’m at my grandparents’ house again for week. I don’t usually miss my ex-boyfriend that much but I really miss him right now!!

Can’t think why this happens. One theory is that he, or guys I have feelings for, serve as a ‘comforter’ for me when I’m in a new place and out of my familiar routine. Kind of like how children have teddy bears in a way. Do you get what I’m saying? It’s really annoying and I hope it dies down a bit.
SoGrumpy
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
Stay strong, we have all been their.

If you and your ex boyfriend are still close friends, call/text him if you feel fine doing so.

Guess the only way to cure your symptom is to move on to someone else.
Anonymous #2
Report 3 years ago
I get what you're saying, and it's fine to feel that way but you might want to outgrow that though because you have to be okay with being on your own in a new environment. But hey whatever floats your boat tho :burnout:
JRE90
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Can’t think why this happens. One theory is that he, or guys I have feelings for, serve as a ‘comforter’ for me when I’m in a new place and out of my familiar routine. Kind of like how children have teddy bears in a way. Do you get what I’m saying? It’s really annoying and I hope it dies down a bit.
Definitely this! It's natural to crave normality or 'home comforts' or familiarity when you're away from your comfort zone.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by SoGrumpy)
Stay strong, we have all been their.

If you and your ex boyfriend are still close friends, call/text him if you feel fine doing so.

Guess the only way to cure your symptom is to move on to someone else.
Thank you! It’s weird because I don’t even miss him romantically or sexually. I miss the friendship and hugs.

He doesn’t want to talk to me at the moment; he says he would like to still be friends (and I’m more than happy with that) but in his own time. He still has feelings for me I think.

And yeah that might be the best way haha.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
I get what you're saying, and it's fine to feel that way but you might want to outgrow that though because you have to be okay with being on your own in a new environment. But hey whatever floats your boat tho :burnout:
Lol yep. I hardly ever go away for long periods of time so that’s probably why. Practice makes perfect, I guess.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by JRE90)
Definitely this! It's natural to crave normality or 'home comforts' or familiarity when you're away from your comfort zone.
It’s funny because when I’m at home, I often feel extremely bored and want to be away. When I’m away, I want someone that reminds me of home. Guess I need to keep busy. Listening to my music helps a lot actually.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever considered or are you currently considering an apprenticeship?

Yes, I am actively considering an apprenticeship (63)
12.33%
I am actively considering an alternative to uni that isn't an apprenticeship (9)
1.76%
I have considered an apprenticeship but it's not for me (132)
25.83%
I am considering a degree apprenticeship (43)
8.41%
I haven't considered an apprenticeship (246)
48.14%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (18)
3.52%

Watched Threads