The Student Room Group

I haven't had a crush in over a year and it's sad

I broke up with my girlfriend when I left school, I was upset and regretful for a while but I'm sure I'm over it now.

Almost two years later I'm a few months away from leaving college and I just have no interest in trying get another girl. I talk to a few girls in lessons and over social media but it's not the same.

I kinda enjoyed having crushes, trying (and usually failing) to ask them on a date and possibly getting into a good relationship (or rejected).

Is having a crush childish? Not in a bad sense; just something you grow out of when you get older. Whyy do I feel disinterest?
Having a crush isn't childish, its normal, I just can't stop having crushes and its depressing because the guys just don't have any balls and won't ask you out. I want to stop having crushes because it leaves me jealous when they flirt with someone else especially my friends and I get upset about it as well, It makes me feel lonely and literally worthless. I suggest to just give it time, I'm sure youll fall for another girl and if it means waiting: its worth it, you'll find someone you realllllyyyy like just flirt with people, enjoy life whilst you can!
I wouldn't necessary call it childish but I think you could focus your energy on other things instead. Even if you're leaving college without having a crush who is to say that you won't meet a girl at work? Or later on in your life. I'd say just put that though to the side and focus on your career and eventually you find someone else to crush on.
Original post by HoldThisL
I broke up with my girlfriend when I left school, I was upset and regretful for a while but I'm sure I'm over it now.

Almost two years later I'm a few months away from leaving college and I just have no interest in trying get another girl. I talk to a few girls in lessons and over social media but it's not the same.

I kinda enjoyed having crushes, trying (and usually failing) to ask them on a date and possibly getting into a good relationship (or rejected).

Is having a crush childish? Not in a bad sense; just something you grow out of when you get older. Whyy do I feel disinterest?

Same here bro. Breaking up with someone always leaves me feeling cynical (more so than usual) about the opposite sex. I do beleive crushes are something you grow out of but I'm only 19 so I'm not speaking from experience. I spent the last few years of secondary school viewing girls as little more than potential fvck-buddies and, tbf, they were all a bunch of ditzy, shallow th*ts anyway. I had a serious crush on my last gf and she did on me. Of course, we eventually realised that we didn't live up to eachothers standards and we broke up on hostile terms. It was exhausting having such an intense crush and then having it all crash and burn and I guess I was emotionally burnt-out as I'm not a particularly emotional person in my day-to-day existence. There's only so many fvcks you give. Breakups seem to have a numbing effect
Sad
Reply 5
Original post by PhilanderingBum
Same here bro. Breaking up with someone always leaves me feeling cynical (more so than usual) about the opposite sex. I do beleive crushes are something you grow out of but I'm only 19 so I'm not speaking from experience. I spent the last few years of secondary school viewing girls as little more than potential fvck-buddies and, tbf, they were all a bunch of ditzy, shallow th*ts anyway. I had a serious crush on my last gf and she did on me. Of course, we eventually realised that we didn't live up to eachothers standards and we broke up on hostile terms. It was exhausting having such an intense crush and then having it all crash and burn and I guess I was emotionally burnt-out as I'm not a particularly emotional person in my day-to-day existence. There's only so many fvcks you give. Breakups seem to have a numbing effect

Ay can relate to a lot of that. I broke up with her but then didn't speak to her (or apologise) for several months which probably didn't help me to progress.

That said it's been a while and I still feel like you, not really able to develop a proper attraction to anyone.
Reply 6
2.5 years for me, walls well and truly up. I'm happy about it, mind :laugh:
Reply 7
Original post by gjd800
2.5 years for me, walls well and truly up. I'm happy about it, mind :laugh:

Eek that's a bit sad.
Reply 8
Original post by HoldThisL
Eek that's a bit sad.

Au contraire, it's wonderful. No distractions, no nonsense.
Reply 9
Original post by gjd800
Au contraire, it's wonderful. No distractions, no nonsense.

Aye can't relate.
is it really tho?
Crushes are fun but sometimes they can be a little *too* distracting... Especially when they don't go well
Reply 12
Original post by Juvilation
is it really tho?

Yeah...I want a relationship, just not motivated to get one.

Original post by Sataris
Crushes are fun but sometimes they can be a little *too* distracting... Especially when they don't go well

Perhaps A levels has put me off.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending