Ivy9
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Can someone talk through the 8 marker from the Scottish text? I'm currently studying Edwin Morgan's poems in National 5 but I really need help answering the last question.
Thanks!
Labrador99
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Ivy9)
Can someone talk through the 8 marker from the Scottish text? I'm currently studying Edwin Morgan's poems in National 5 but I really need help answering the last question.
Thanks!
I can't help in the context of Edwin Morgan's poems, but for the 8 mark question, the mark allocation is:

2 marks- Identification of the elements of commonality, relevant to the question. This could include things like (according to marking instructions) theme, central relationship, importance of setting, use of imagery, development in characterisation, use of personal experience, use of narrative style, or any other key element…

2 marks- Reference to the printed poem, which can be in the form of one of the following:
1 x relevant reference to technique (1) and 1 x appropriate comment (1)
OR
1 x relevant reference to idea (1) and 1 x appropriate comment (1)
OR
1 x relevant reference to feature (1) and 1 x appropriate comment (1)
OR
1 x relevant reference to text (1) and 1 x appropriate comment (1)

4 marks- For these marks, you then need to use one or more of the other poems you've studied, and you can gain up to 4 marks by doing any of the following (same as above):
1 x relevant reference to technique (1) and 1 x appropriate comment (1)
OR
1 x relevant reference to idea (1) and 1 x appropriate comment (1)
OR
1 x relevant reference to feature (1) and 1 x appropriate comment (1)
OR
1 x relevant reference to text (1) and 1 x appropriate comment (1)

If you're looking to discuss the exam with others doing the course, there's lots of Nat 5 students over on the main exam thread in Scottish Qualifications: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5050252

Hopefully this is of some help, and all the best with the exam on Monday
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (111)
28.03%
No (285)
71.97%

Watched Threads