have a docs appointment...about down there Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Basically, I am a 16yr old girl and having my GCSES next WEEK. I have a problem down there which arised last month but then went away but kida came back. Long story short i am getting it chjecked out on Saturday at the docs. I already feel like it is coming in between my revision as i keep worrying etc so its getting sorted out soon which puts releif on my mind. However i am very worried as to how the appointment will go about.
Firstly i come form a very religious family so i dont ever wear shorts or anything and i always cover my self up. This has resulted in me feeling super awkward about the appointment on Saturday. It is a women but i still feel really awkward because even my own mum hasnt seen down there in years! Basically i was just wondering if they were to check you down there...how would it go about? trousers of? stand up? lie down? i am feeling so awkward typing this already but i really need to know what i am facing so i can be prepared. any shared experiences would be great.
loveursel
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You will probably be asked to lay down comfortably, and it's better to wear a skirt - then you will have to take off your underwear only but won't feel too exposed/embarrassed because you'll still be covered up. The doctor will keep reassuring you probably that there's nothing to be nervous about, and she will be right. Trust your doctor, she's a professional after all. And don't stress yourself out so much, you won't even know when the appointment is over and you can go home! Good luck on your exams, you'll do great! 💪
EmilyH1256
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Basically, I am a 16yr old girl and having my GCSES next WEEK. I have a problem down there which arised last month but then went away but kida came back. Long story short i am getting it chjecked out on Saturday at the docs. I already feel like it is coming in between my revision as i keep worrying etc so its getting sorted out soon which puts releif on my mind. However i am very worried as to how the appointment will go about.
Firstly i come form a very religious family so i dont ever wear shorts or anything and i always cover my self up. This has resulted in me feeling super awkward about the appointment on Saturday. It is a women but i still feel really awkward because even my own mum hasnt seen down there in years! Basically i was just wondering if they were to check you down there...how would it go about? trousers of? stand up? lie down? i am feeling so awkward typing this already but i really need to know what i am facing so i can be prepared. any shared experiences would be great.
You would lay down and have to put ur feet in these thing and they will tell u to scoot ur butt to the edge and relax ur legs..it will be weird it’s weird every time I go to the n ive had a baby.. it’s natural to feel weird bu atleast it’s a women
Kindred
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Okay first things first, having a doctor look down there is totally different from anybody else. They are only there to check things are okay and help out. They don't care what it looks like other than if it's healthy. It's totally normal to be nervous and feel awkward about it, but they're professionals so try not to worry.

If they need to have a look what they will do is ask you to take your bottom layers off (usually behind a curtain) and lay down on the bed in the room. Once you're on the bed they'll come and take a look (they might ask you to put your knees up so they can see better). They might also touch it (with gloves on) or take a swab (with a cotton bud). Once they're done they'll leave you to put your clothes back on and summarise (like say what the issue is or when tests will likely be back).
You might like to wear a dress or a skirt so you are still somewhat clothed even after taking your bottoms off. You could also lay a hoodie or something over yourself so you feel more covered.

Hope that helps. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Kindred)
Okay first things first, having a doctor look down there is totally different from anybody else. They are only there to check things are okay and help out. They don't care what it looks like other than if it's healthy. It's totally normal to be nervous and feel awkward about it, but they're professionals so try not to worry.

If they need to have a look what they will do is ask you to take your bottom layers off (usually behind a curtain) and lay down on the bed in the room. Once you're on the bed they'll come and take a look (they might ask you to put your knees up so they can see better). They might also touch it (with gloves on) or take a swab (with a cotton bud). Once they're done they'll leave you to put your clothes back on and summarise (like say what the issue is or when tests will likely be back).
You might like to wear a dress or a skirt so you are still somewhat clothed even after taking your bottoms off. You could also lay a hoodie or something over yourself so you feel more covered.

Hope that helps. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.
oka thanks, btw if they were to do a swab would you do it yourself or would they do it for you?
Kindred
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
oka thanks, btw if they were to do a swab would you do it yourself or would they do it for you?
They would probably just do it as they looked, but they might ask you to do it. Kinda depends on the situation.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (273)
61.21%
Yes- I don't like it (21)
4.71%
No- I want it (119)
26.68%
No- I don't want it (33)
7.4%

Watched Threads