AQA (AS) Product Design (3D Design) PROD 1 2017 - 2018 (May 14th )

Watch
DylanPD
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Anyone have any predictions as to what will be coming up?
In previous papers, according to examiner reports at least (specifically the 2016 & 2017 papers), students have had issues with stating specific processes for metals, names of metals, and general properties of metals. Is it possible that this category could be a key topic focus of this years paper?
MJ8845
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I reckon so... Most likely joining methods for metals (although im praying not).Was potentially even thinking something relating to smart/modern/compostie materials.
will2000k
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Any other predictions?
will2000k
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Any other predictions?
alw00
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You think it will be a plastic or metal process?
Yuop123
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
How did you find it
TommyHarder21
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I was not expecting Vaccum forming. I thought it would be injection moulding or blow moulding. Tungsten carbide for drill bit was easy and acrylic for rear car lights would be polycarbonate but went alright. I was expecting ABS or polypropylene polymers not HIPS and acrylic though.
Kinny_
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yeah this year was not as expected, the Ergonomics Question in Section C was nice but it threw me off talking about a "range of consumers" rather than the typical target market, didn't do too well on Die casting and i would have done better on injection moulding instead of Vacuum forming but overall as expected Section dropped a couple marks on missed knowledge Section B was close to full marks but the materials were not something i was as familiar with (tungsten Carbide just doesn't have that many properties) and Section C was most likely the biggest mark dropper.
minimoooo
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I forgot what was in section c, but I agree the vacuum forming question was not my favorite. I got a B overall but was thinking about doing the full a level.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (150)
54.74%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (38)
13.87%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (31)
11.31%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (26)
9.49%
I haven't started researching yet (16)
5.84%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (13)
4.74%

Watched Threads