SindujaR
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi guys! I have been given an offer to study MSc Finance at Cass Business School, City University of London for 2018 intake. I would like to understand more about the student life, course modules and employment prospects. Any thoughts?
alleycat393
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by SindujaR)
Hi guys! I have been given an offer to study MSc Finance at Cass Business School, City University of London for 2018 intake. I would like to understand more about the student life, course modules and employment prospects. Any thoughts?
Postgrads don't tend to stick around. Info about modules will be online. Your employment prospects will be very dependent on you and also your nationality. Check out where grads end up and links with industry.
ma_long
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by SindujaR)
I did MSc Finance and Econometrics at QMUL and the course was very theoretical, almost preparation for PhD level economics or finance. MSc Finance is aimed at people going into industry and not academia, though you can strengthen your case for academia with opting for more econometrics modules (if they let you).

You will learn topics like Investments, Corporate Finance, Financial Derivatives, Asset Pricing Models etc. It will teach you how to build a portfolio, manage risk, how to use derivatives in a portfolio and how firms raise capital via debt or equity financing.

Employment wise you are looking at banks, hedge funds, central banks, accounting firms, auditors and academia.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (61)
29.33%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (15)
7.21%
No I am happy with my choice (116)
55.77%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (16)
7.69%

Watched Threads