The Student Room Group

16 year old teen

So this is kinda weird for me to be writing but I’ve still not had a boyfriend and I’m 16. All my friends have/ or had boyfriends in the past but literally nobody really shows interest. I guess I’m just different to them- I prefer books and bike rides to makeup and phones. If there’s any guys out there, why is it that girls like me get ignored? I’m not saying I’m like wanting attention but I guess some kind of hint that I am attractive I guess?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
So this is kinda weird for me to be writing but I’ve still not had a boyfriend and I’m 16. All my friends have/ or had boyfriends in the past but literally nobody really shows interest. I guess I’m just different to them- I prefer books and bike rides to makeup and phones. If there’s any guys out there, why is it that girls like me get ignored? I’m not saying I’m like wanting attention but I guess some kind of hint that I am attractive I guess?

Because 90% of them are diving for petty and temporary relationships, lasting a month before they "break up". I assure you, there's plenty of people like you out there. 16 is no age to be worrying about fleeting romances. Look for quality over quantity, and that will take time.
Honestly I could get in a relationship now if I wanted to (18M), but I'm not interested and won't be interested in relationships unless I have a super close bond with someone who I genuinely care for, when you meet the right person you will know and that's when the relationship starts that's true and right for you rather than just for the sake of being in one.

don't confuse lust with love
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 3
gcse's innit
We dont have to be bf and gf but we can be close friends... just saying ;-)
It's far better to wait until you're older. Teenage relationships are full of petty drama.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending