The Student Room Group

19 and never had girlfriend!

So basically I am 19 years old and I have never had a girlfriend. Due to this it has lead to me being depressed and resulted in lack of self confidence. I believe I am ugly even though all my family and friends say I'm fine, I just believe they are being nice and just saying it. I have heard a lot that girls like confident stunning guys but I'm just not that guy. I do also try to talk to girls but they always treat me like dirt and if I go out for the night all my mates get girls and EVERY TIME I'm just alone and depressed as they all go off with girls and leave me by myself. Thing is I am a very nice guy and I respect women. I am always nice to them. Than I see guys treating there girls horribly and I'm just like why will girls go for that and not me? so What I would like to know is am I screwed? Will I always be alone? Is there a girl who will like me one day?

I go to the gym to try and build my confidence and to make myself more attractive to girls. But even gym I am starting to believe it is pointless.
Buy super seducer only 10.99 on steam and youll have every girl wanting your babies
Richars laruina- i love this game 5/5
Furbes- great animal content 4/5
Carlos matos-wassup 10 bitconnect tokes
18 and same problem. What are your hobbies, are there any that you could meet women in. It's not about being nice it's about being interesting to talk to, which I am beyond help from.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
So basically I am 19 years old and I have never had a girlfriend. Due to this it has lead to me being depressed and resulted in lack of self confidence. I believe I am ugly even though all my family and friends say I'm fine, I just believe they are being nice and just saying it. I have heard a lot that girls like confident stunning guys but I'm just not that guy. I do also try to talk to girls but they always treat me like dirt and if I go out for the night all my mates get girls and EVERY TIME I'm just alone and depressed as they all go off with girls and leave me by myself. Thing is I am a very nice guy and I respect women. I am always nice to them. Than I see guys treating there girls horribly and I'm just like why will girls go for that and not me? so What I would like to know is am I screwed? Will I always be alone? Is there a girl who will like me one day?

I go to the gym to try and build my confidence and to make myself more attractive to girls. But even gym I am starting to believe it is pointless.

i believe its the type of girls your after is the problem. your doing it at a club and well iv never been to a club but if they fit the stereotype then at the club they are not interested in finding a nice guy. they just want a one night stand which means "nice guy" is probably a bit of a turn off but if you change the place you go to then you should be fine. just try tinder or something because a lot of people on their are looking for a nice guy because they want to be able to have a meaningful relationship. trust me, you will find someone :smile:
Do you have a skill that you're good at? Is there something that makes you proud of have you done something that makes you proud? Are you good at your hobbies? I'm sure you have many fantastic qualities that females would like.

Just be yourself, talk to girls like you talk to your male friends. Don't put them on a pedestal, they are just people.

Improve yourself, hit the gym, wear nice clothes, groom well, have a good hairstyle, have good posture, have good self esteem.

Love yourself and be happy, do things that make you happy, partake in your hobbies, relax, be proud of the person you are, you are important and part of the world and you matter.

Conversation skills are very important, look below on the points to help you with this.

You could try online dating, speed dating, joining clubs based on hobbies, through college/uni, through your network, through hobbies and approaching females.

Hope this helps

1) Relax, imagine you're just observing or there as a traveller. For example, if you are on holiday, you go there to experience and observe the attraction, you're not going to get anxious doing that are you?

2) Smile, smiling in contagious.

3) Be confident, respect yourself, accept yourself, work out, wear good clothes, feel good, focus on your passions, know you are a good person who treats people well, you have got as much right as everyone else.

Think positively, be proud of yourself, do things that make you happy, remember your happy times, what makes you confident? What makes you proud? Do you have a skill you are good at? Do things like cooking, driving, learning that increases your confidence daily. Relax.

Have good posture, body language, improve your appearance. Be happy with yourself.

4) Dress well, have good grooming, hairstyle, have good posture.

5) Just say hi or hey to people in your vicinity, who cares if they don't say anything back?

6) Ask how they are, how's everything, what's the latest, what made them choose this course, their plans for the future, their plans for the rest of the day, weekend, how was their weekend, what they will get up to, what they got up to, ask them about their hobbies, talk about what's happening.

Talk about the weather or did you see that sports game? Just mingle with them,

Compliment them, say "I like your jacket".

If you know they went on a holiday or somewhere, ask them about it etc.

7) Be passionate about life.

8) Lighten up, have a laugh, laugh easily, be friendly, approachable, interested, relaxed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending