The Student Room Group

Eligible for extra time but didn’t get it

Swedfg
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Ashleysirii
So I have recently found that I would have been eligible for extra time in exams however my school found out too late so I didn’t get it. I was previously predicted BBC for my a level however I had to change courses and feel as though I’ll get distinction star in my coursework(equivalent to an A*) and a C and D do you think I would get into Leicester for clearing if I explain my problem or Aston University

You need to get in touch with them and ask. They may need evidence.
Original post by Ashleysirii
So I have recently found that I would have been eligible for extra time in exams however my school found out too late so I didn’t get it. I was previously predicted BBC for my a level however I had to change courses and feel as though I’ll get distinction star in my coursework(equivalent to an A*) and a C and D do you think I would get into Leicester for clearing if I explain my problem or Aston University

Tbf it is your responsibility to ask for the extra time.
Get a letter from the school and put in an extenuating circs claim at the same time in clearing.

You might as well start cultivating them now and make some initial enquiries.
It was entirely your responsibility to consult the school regarding your extra time, and the school or your University will not grant you with an exception to the rules for your failure.

I sincerely sincerely doubt that either Uni will grant you leniency on the grade requirements based on the pretext of a lack of extra time; the fact that extra time is only a 10% addition to your normal time will most likely mean very little. I'd just say forget about it and revise harder.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending