JessVazz
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello there,

I'm a continuing student, and for the past academic year, I have been granted Maintenence Load as European Migrant Worker.

My employment status has changed, and I will now work part-time for the next two months. How should I notify SFE of my change of status? Is there a form to fill in or should I write a letter/call?

After the end of my exam period, I was planning on finding a second job for the summer, and then keep just one of the two as soon as the academic year starts again in September/ October.

I was wondering if in this instance I will have to notify SFE three times:
1 - that my status has changed, and I am now working part-time
2 - that I started a second-job
3 - that I quit from one workplace - sending the P45 for that employment.
Is that correct? Will my status change if I will have more than one job, or will I work part-time now?

Thanks a lot,

Jess
Rona SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by JessVazz)
Hello there,

I'm a continuing student, and for the past academic year, I have been granted Maintenence Load as European Migrant Worker.

My employment status has changed, and I will now work part-time for the next two months. How should I notify SFE of my change of status? Is there a form to fill in or should I write a letter/call?

After the end of my exam period, I was planning on finding a second job for the summer, and then keep just one of the two as soon as the academic year starts again in September/ October.

I was wondering if in this instance I will have to notify SFE three times:
1 - that my status has changed, and I am now working part-time
2 - that I started a second-job
3 - that I quit from one workplace - sending the P45 for that employment.
Is that correct? Will my status change if I will have more than one job, or will I work part-time now?

Thanks a lot,

Jess
Hi Jess,

If you change your hours or take on a second job it is unlikely to change your Migrant Worker status but you should advise us of these changes.

If you change employer we will need you to send a clear copy of your copy of the P45 from the previous employer or a letter from previous employer confirming the employment end date.

From the new employer we will need a copy of your contract of employment and a letter from their employer confirming that the contract accurately represents the hours and terms on which they work with any available payslips from the new employer.

Thanks Rona
JessVazz
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rona SFE)
Hi Jess,

If you change your hours or take on a second job it is unlikely to change your Migrant Worker status but you should advise us of these changes.

If you change employer we will need you to send a clear copy of your copy of the P45 from the previous employer or a letter from previous employer confirming the employment end date.

From the new employer we will need a copy of your contract of employment and a letter from their employer confirming that the contract accurately represents the hours and terms on which they work with any available payslips from the new employer.

Thanks Rona
Hi Rona,

Thank you for your reply, now everything is clear.

Should I call SFE or should I write a letter to notify them of these changes?

Thanks a lot,

Jess
Rona SFE
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi Rona,

Thank you for your reply, now everything is clear.

Should I call SFE or should I write a letter to notify them of these changes?

Thanks a lot,

Jess
Hi Jess,

Please advise any changes in writing.

If you change employer part way through the academic year, prior to receiving the application or after we have provisionally approved the application you must notify us straight away.

We will require a copy of the P45 from the previous employer or a letter from previous employer confirming the employment end date.

From the new or additional employer we will need a copy of your contract of employment and a letter from your new employer confirming that the contract accurately represents the hours and terms on which you work with any available payslips from the new employer.

Please send details with your name and customer reference number to,

EU Migrant Worker Team
Student Finance England
PO Box 89
Darlington
DL1 9AZ

Regards Rona
JessVazz
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rona SFE)
Hi Jess,

Please advise any changes in writing.

If you change employer part way through the academic year, prior to receiving the application or after we have provisionally approved the application you must notify us straight away.

We will require a copy of the P45 from the previous employer or a letter from previous employer confirming the employment end date.

From the new or additional employer we will need a copy of your contract of employment and a letter from your new employer confirming that the contract accurately represents the hours and terms on which you work with any available payslips from the new employer.

Please send details with your name and customer reference number to,

EU Migrant Worker Team
Student Finance England
PO Box 89
Darlington
DL1 9AZ

Regards Rona
Hi Rona,

Thank you very much.

Jess
Rona SFE
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi Rona,

Thank you very much.

Jess

Hi JessVazz,

You are very welcome if there is anything else we can help you with, please contact us again.

Thanks Rona
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • St George's, University of London
    Postgrad open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (274)
65.55%
No (144)
34.45%

Watched Threads