The Student Room Group

HMRC 056R list

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Anonymous
I have my formal after two months, start in two weeks

Congratulations! When did you receive it? Have you agreed a starting date before receiving the formal? What location? Thanks

Congrats. How long after the document drop off and what location.
Reply 82

Same what location?
Reply 83
Anyone with offers for Nottingham?

I'll be relocating there. Currently experiencing the eternity that is pre-employment checks.
Reply 84
Has anyone else had any issues with pre employment checks? Got offered a provisional offer for Manchester back at the end of July, since then have had my offer withdrawn and re-instated, when I did my document drop off they said I hadn’t turned up and withdrew it! Worried its going to drag this process on even longer for me.
Reply 85
Original post by TSL97
Has anyone else had any issues with pre employment checks? Got offered a provisional offer for Manchester back at the end of July, since then have had my offer withdrawn and re-instated, when I did my document drop off they said I hadn’t turned up and withdrew it! Worried its going to drag this process on even longer for me.

Had my privisional at the end of July as well. Today they requested more details about employment, referees and health condition. Maybe you've missed one email and failed to submit docs in time.
Probably it's a normal course of deal.
Good luck!
Reply 86
It was definitely because they thought I didn’t attend, some very bad communication, they also seemed to have no idea why I was there when I went to the office with my documents. The waiting is painful!
i received a provisional offer for the manchester office. i was wondering if anyone thinks it would be possible to transfer the role to the preston office. getting into manchester is pretty difficult for me.
Reply 88
Original post by Bilalv96
i received a provisional offer for the manchester office. i was wondering if anyone thinks it would be possible to transfer the role to the preston office. getting into manchester is pretty difficult for me.

I've asked as I've been offered Nottingham, and Leeds (second preference) are recruiting for the same roles. I was informed no.

Manchester was my first preference, so a bit gutted that they're offering roles in Manchester, in truth.
Hi, has anybody had a formal offer for the EO role in Newcastle? I had a provisional offer on the 20th June, did the DBS on the 21st June and have still not heard if my pre-employment checks have been completed yet. I was wondering if it usually takes over 11 weeks to complete them.
Just out of curiosity can your referees seen each other, or know who each other are?
Hi everyone

I had a Band O provisional offer for Croydon on 20 July and handed in docs at the Croydon office on 7 August. Last week I had my DBS certificate come through in the post but haven't heard anything else. Have any external candidates in the same boat as me had an update or been told their checks have gone through?
Reply 92
Original post by bonsai442
Hi everyone

I had a Band O provisional offer for Croydon on 20 July and handed in docs at the Croydon office on 7 August. Last week I had my DBS certificate come through in the post but haven't heard anything else. Have any external candidates in the same boat as me had an update or been told their checks have gone through?

Hi, I had the same offer for Croydon and dropped docs on 7 August as well. I've just received today the confirmation that I passed the pre-employment checks. Probably you'll have yours soon. Good luck!
Original post by Taxgirl18
Hi, I had the same offer for Croydon and dropped docs on 7 August as well. I've just received today the confirmation that I passed the pre-employment checks. Probably you'll have yours soon. Good luck!

Oh congrats! Thanks for replying. Hope you get a start date soon :-)

I haven't had anything yet about passing pre-employment checks, but hopefully I won't have too long to wait now.

Edit: Just had the email to say checks passed!
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 94

I haven't had anything yet about passing pre-employment checks, but hopefully I won't have too long to wait now.

Congrats to you too! It will be nice to meet you there. 😊

Hi, Do you know if the referees were contacted?
Reply 96
Original post by Random60
Hi, Do you know if the referees were contacted?

Mine were contacted both
Mine were contacted both

I feel worried the email will come through to the referees and it will go into their junk email
Reply 98

Congrats! After having my offer withdrawn and reinstated after the confusion of my appointment I got a phone call that they had lost the copies of my documents that I took to the drop off 🙄 hopefully sorted now after taking them to a job centre to be verified and hopefully won’t be waiting too much longer!
Reply 99
Original post by TSL97
Congrats! After having my offer withdrawn and reinstated after the confusion of my appointment I got a phone call that they had lost the copies of my documents that I took to the drop off 🙄 hopefully sorted now after taking them to a job centre to be verified and hopefully won’t be waiting too much longer!

Good luck! Hopefully you'll hear from them soon.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending