The Student Room Group

Open book exam for Law (Help please)

I have an open book exam in a few days and i was wondering if anybody can give me tips on how to do well in it?
I have made my own set of notes to take in combining the lecture materials, text book reading and articles that i have read.
I have gone through all of the pass papers that are available of this module.
Anybody got an tips and tricks on how to do well in open book exams/ law exams would be very helpful :smile:

Thank you in advance.
(edited 5 years ago)
What module is it for?
Reply 2
Original post by Insecable
What module is it for?

Family law- have you done this module before?
Original post by lolly12
Family law- have you done this module before?

Apologies, I have not! I am merely a first year law student. Hopefully someone else will be able to help you though. :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by lolly12
I have an open book exam in a few days and i was wondering if anybody can give me tips on how to do well in it?
I have made my own set of notes to take in combining the lecture materials, text book reading and articles that i have read.
I have gone through all of the pass papers that are available or this module.
Anybody got an tips and tricks on how to do well in open book exams/ law exams would be very helpful :smile:

Thank you in advance.

Despite the allure of open book exams, in terms of results, I've found them more hard going than closed book exams. That being said, you sound like you're in a very good position overall. I would read and reread your materials extensively over the next few days as well as get acquainted with past papers. You will not have time in the exam to read through your notes in depth, so be very comfortable with the material beforehand.
Reply 5
Original post by gradboyo
Despite the allure of open book exams, in terms of results, I've found them more hard going than closed book exams. That being said, you sound like you're in a very good position overall. I would read and reread your materials extensively over the next few days as well as get acquainted with past papers. You will not have time in the exam to read through your notes in depth, so be very comfortable with the material beforehand.

I agree, I feel like if you were to write the same thing in the same exams and one was open book and one was closed book; you would deffo get a higher mark in the closed book one.
Thanks for the tips!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending