The Student Room Group

Biology Paper 1 - PRACTICE exam paper (with mark scheme) INVALUABLE resource

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bubble15
wheres the other paper? Thank you for doing this though! how much marks would i need rougly to get a grade 4 on each paper? It is around 20-30?

The other paper is on page 1 of the thread. I'd say 20/25 marks would be your aim. Keep doing these papers and I'm certain you'll exceed that!

No worries, more to come!
Original post by alphabetagam
The other paper is on page 1 of the thread. I'd say 20/25 marks would be your aim. Keep doing these papers and I'm certain you'll exceed that!

thank you x Are you doing your gcses or have you done them?
Reply 42
I haven't done them yet as I'm printing them out at school on Monday and then doing them at home. I just downloaded them and skipped to the bottom to check the mark scheme was attached and saw the Grade boundaries and had to voice my opinion on them. I'll let you know what I get when I complete them though.

Hello, thank you for this feedback. Exactly what I needed. I was just going off best guesses but I truly appreciate that and I'll do my best to edit the boundaries. How many marks did you get on both of these ones?

I will make 3 papers per combined exam. Expect more tonight & tomorrow.

Glad to hear it!
Original post by Jemma P
I haven't done them yet as I'm printing them out at school on Monday and then doing them at home. I just downloaded them and skipped to the bottom to check the mark scheme was attached and saw the Grade boundaries and had to voice my opinion on them. I'll let you know what I get when I complete them though.

Great news - thanks again.
Set 3 for Biology 1 Combined out soon. Triple paper 1 out this evening for Biology 1.

Expect Chem papers tomorrow.
hey so i did your exam and i got 60/70 which is very good imo, i usually get the highest in the class so its not too high. thanks for the tests, looking forward to your chem and physics ones.

Original post by thegoodside
hey so i did your exam and i got 60/70 which is very good imo, i usually get the highest in the class so its not too high. thanks for the tests, looking forward to your chem and physics ones.

Great to hear. I'll be uploading a third Biology paper in a few hours. Keep it up and best of luck!
thanks, i’ll probably end up doing the second and third test the night before so i get used to the type of questions again
Great to hear. I'll be uploading a third Biology paper in a few hours. Keep it up and best of luck!
Reply 48

i ended up getting 52( which equate to a 8) on paper 1 biology.It was a great paper.I hope to do paper 1 set 2 and 3 tmoz
Original post by Hal_01
i ended up getting 52( which equate to a 8) on paper 1 biology.It was a great paper.I hope to do paper 1 set 2 and 3 tmoz

Well done! Thank you for your feedback.
Well done! Thank you for your feedback.

tysm!!!!! When are you putting the triple papers up?
These are so helpful
Original post by princesslife
tysm!!!!! When are you putting the triple papers up?
These are so helpful

I'll try and just add a few triple questions as making 3 papers for combined and triple is quite hard work, as you can imagine! This is still good practice though as the majority of biology topics are on combined.

No problem!
hey i just skim read through the paper and it seems like the paper is for biology paper 2 not 1. im doing edexcel so might be different for me
Original post by mariax__x
hey i just skim read through the paper and it seems like the paper is for biology paper 2 not 1. im doing edexcel so might be different for me

This is based on the AQA syllabus and is for Topics 1-4 which come up on Biology paper 1.
Here is set 3 for Combined Science Biology Paper 1. I've adjusted the grade boundaries a bit, thanks to @Jemma P for the help on that.

I will post a few triple questions as making 3 papers for combined and triple is quite hard work. This is still good practice though as the majority of biology topics are on combined.

Please share your feedback on Set 3. This is the last Biology paper 1 practice, for now, so this should set you up nicely for the exam. I'll be posting more papers soon.

Good luck!
Also, thank you for all the kind feedback on Set 1 & 2 - really encouraging to keep making them!
Here is a practice paper for Combined Science Higher Biology Paper 1. This is an invaluable resource prior to the exam on 15/5/18.

The lack of papers is evident so here is one to get your teeth into.

There is a mark scheme and grade boundaries included as well for your help.

The paper is out of 70 and I would appreciate any feedback. If it is positive, I will create more free papers.

Good feedback will be the grade you achieved and how easy/hard it was for you.

Enjoy and happy revising.

You are Amaze Craze...........Thank you so much!!!! Eeeeee!!!! Grade 9-9 coming YOUR way!!!!!:smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile: 9 smiley faces!!!!!
Reply 57
Would a Biology Paper 1 second paper be helpful or not?
ysssss thanks so much for this one!
Reply 58
Here is a practice paper for Combined Science Higher Biology Paper 1. This is an invaluable resource prior to the exam on 15/5/18.

The lack of papers is evident so here is one to get your teeth into.

There is a mark scheme and grade boundaries included as well for your help.

The paper is out of 70 and I would appreciate any feedback. If it is positive, I will create more free papers.

Good feedback will be the grade you achieved and how easy/hard it was for you.

Enjoy and happy revising.

edexel pleaseeeee
Would a Biology Paper 1 second paper be helpful or not?

Yes please thanks:smile: Are you doing 9-1 GCSEs!!!????

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending