AQA english lit: 2 weeks to exam and still not done 6 of the poems!!! Watch

LucieTheUnicorn
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Can anyone help me ASAP? Its 2 weeks to the GCSE AQA English lit paper 2 and my class still hasn't covered some of the poems! Here are the ones we have stuided(I do power and conflict)
Bayonet Charge
Charge of the light brigade
Poppies
War Photographer
Exposure
London
Checking out me history
Ozymandias(which I did myself)

Our class hasn't done all of the poems because our teacher has been off for pretty much all of the course(she was in for about 2 months and we mainly did christmas carol). We had supply teachers most of the time that didn't teach English normally, and I've tried doing them myself with my revision guide but I need help! And yes my school is currently under special measures(Is it any wonder?)

Anyway, Can help me?I was predicted to get a 7 but I know I'm not gonna get that
LucieTheUnicorn
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Also forgot to say, We have also done remains
MimiElf
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Use Seneca! !
Course is here: https://app.senecalearning.com/class...4-f9cf15791499 I promise it will be your absolute saviour! It gives you all the analysis, helps you learn quotes etc.

Also worth watching Mr Bruff - he covers all the power and conflict poetry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9h_...TFwTz2X0DD_Cxk

Good luck!
_gcx
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You don't need to know all of the poems. Trying to memorise all of them is just a distraction, it won't help you get a better grade.

You should be at least vaguely aware of the context of all of the poems in your anthology, in case they come up as the given poem. Maybe having an idea of what points you could make helps, though unless you have a good memory and don't panic, it could be hard to recall them in the exam.

Group the poems thematically. That should make it easier to judge which ones you should concentrate on learning.
anynonymous2
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Honestly, I have not learnt all of the poems and its not necessary if you know what they are about and a bit about their social context. You don't have time to learn all the poems now so what I suggest you to is practice the questions. It will be the best thing as of now. I would suggest you to chose a question on the poem you HAVEN'T revised - so it means you have that poem in front of you, and compare it to the poem you have studied. This way, you will learn a bit about the new poems and also secure your knowledge and understanding on the poem you have studied.
Hass3n7
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
MR BRUFF on youtube. He's an absolute legend.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (21)
6.03%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (203)
58.33%
No (124)
35.63%

Watched Threads