RS 12 mark q AQA B Watch

username3911902
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Can anyone send me an example of a 10/11/12 mark answer to any 12 mark question. My exam is on monday and i usually struggle on the 12 mark qs, or how to structure them.
HoldThisL
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
For my GCSE we only had 6 markers. Wow.
Geekreader2002
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hi.. basically there is this technique called FARM if you use it you are guaranteed to get at least 10/12F-For the statementA-Against the statement R-reference to a religious scripture M-My conclusion I have got my exams and i have used this technique and i have got between 10-12 on all of my 12 markers in the mock.If you want me to send you an example of 12 out of 12 then ask but its for the themes.
username3911902
Rep:
?
(Original post by Geekreader2002)
Hi.. basically there is this technique called FARM if you use it you are guaranteed to get at least 10/12F-For the statementA-Against the statement R-reference to a religious scripture M-My conclusion I have got my exams and i have used this technique and i have got between 10-12 on all of my 12 markers in the mock.If you want me to send you an example of 12 out of 12 then ask but its for the themes.
hi, can u send the example please, it would be very helpful thanks. and are u doing RS AQA B course?
ldakin1
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by conanq)
Can anyone send me an example of a 10/11/12 mark answer to any 12 mark question. My exam is on monday and i usually struggle on the 12 mark qs, or how to structure them.
Hey, how about looking at the AQA website. I don't know whether this is very helpful, but if you click onto this link then you should get access to all the past papers; question papers and mark schemes.
http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/relig...ment-resources
P.S.
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago

It's quite easy when you get the hang of it:

E.g: is it possible for a religious person to go to war ?

Intro: Most religions are against harming others and usually support the ideda for peace but there are circumstances where even religion allows war

(reword question and say a brief argument)

P - Many Christians believe that...you should look for peace, not war

E - in the bible...it says 'blessed are the peacemakers'

E - therefore..., many Christians would try to achieve peace so that they become blessed

P - Many Muslims believe ... you shouldn't go to war as you will inevitably kill someone which is wrong

E - In the Qur'an, it says... 'if you kill a soul, it is as though you have killed all of mankind'

E - therefore, Muslims wouldn't go to war as in the Qur'an it says you shouldn't kill

P - Many Christians believe you shouldn't go to war as Jesus's main teaching was to love all, so you shouldn't look at others with hate or intent of killing

E - in the bible it says 'love thy neighbour'

E - Therefore, humans should seek to love each other and so should not kill each other in war

(3 arguments for – make sure it’s is a mix of both religions when doing a thematic question i.e. marriage and family/ conflict)

P - However, many Muslims believe that you can go to war to defend your religion

E - this is called the 'lesser jihad'

E – Therefore, this allows Muslims to go to war to defend their faith

P – Many Christians believe that you should go to war if the govt. tells you to

E – in the bible it says ‘give to Caesar what is Caesar’s’

E- This means that if the govt. tell Christians go to war, Christians will do so

P – Also, many Christians believe that you should go to war if someone declared war on you first

E – In the bible it says ‘an eye for an eye’

E – This means Christians are allow to go to war to seek revenge

(again 3 arguments against)

In conclusion… I think that religious people will go to war because there are many examples in history where religious people have gone to war e.g. the crusades. Although it is to defend their faith, war is still war and perhaps religion makes people more inclined to fight as they have more to defend.

(say your point)

you should make sure that each paragraph is 3 sentences with each sentence having clear sentence starters- it’ll make your life much easier

This structure is what our school has banged into our heads repeatedly through the past two years and my r.s teacher is an examiner so I trust her advice and her advice is everything I’ve written above…..so good luck
username3911902
Rep:
?
(Original post by P.S.)
It's quite easy when you get the hang of it:

E.g: is it possible for a religious person to go to war ?

Intro: Most religions are against harming others and usually support the ideda for peace but there are circumstances where even religion allows war

(reword question and say a brief argument)

P - Many Christians believe that...you should look for peace, not war

E - in the bible...it says 'blessed are the peacemakers'

E - therefore..., many Christians would try to achieve peace so that they become blessed

P - Many Muslims believe ... you shouldn't go to war as you will inevitably kill someone which is wrong

E - In the Qur'an, it says... 'if you kill a soul, it is as though you have killed all of mankind'

E - therefore, Muslims wouldn't go to war as in the Qur'an it says you shouldn't kill

P - Many Christians believe you shouldn't go to war as Jesus's main teaching was to love all, so you shouldn't look at others with hate or intent of killing

E - in the bible it says 'love thy neighbour'

E - Therefore, humans should seek to love each other and so should not kill each other in war

(3 arguments for – make sure it’s is a mix of both religions when doing a thematic question i.e. marriage and family/ conflict)

P - However, many Muslims believe that you can go to war to defend your religion

E - this is called the 'lesser jihad'

E – Therefore, this allows Muslims to go to war to defend their faith

P – Many Christians believe that you should go to war if the govt. tells you to

E – in the bible it says ‘give to Caesar what is Caesar’s’

E- This means that if the govt. tell Christians go to war, Christians will do so

P – Also, many Christians believe that you should go to war if someone declared war on you first

E – In the bible it says ‘an eye for an eye’

E – This means Christians are allow to go to war to seek revenge

(again 3 arguments against)

In conclusion… I think that religious people will go to war because there are many examples in history where religious people have gone to war e.g. the crusades. Although it is to defend their faith, war is still war and perhaps religion makes people more inclined to fight as they have more to defend.

(say your point)

you should make sure that each paragraph is 3 sentences with each sentence having clear sentence starters- it’ll make your life much easier

This structure is what our school has banged into our heads repeatedly through the past two years and my r.s teacher is an examiner so I trust her advice and her advice is everything I’ve written above…..so good luck
Ok and are you doing the same spec as me? (AQA Religious Studies B)
And also, is that how simple each sentence has to be? Thanks for the advice by the way
Geekreader2002
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
hi, can u send the example please, it would be very helpful thanks. and are u doing RS AQA B course?
No i am doing RS A
Geekreader2002
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Hey i have a twelve out of twelve and 2 10/12s but i dont know how to take pics andu them could you help me out?
mcd_connor
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I'm also taking RS B with AQA. Use the end of topic questions, and use the specimen papers which can be found here:
https://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/reli...ment-resources
annajpg
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Geekreader2002)
Hey i have a twelve out of twelve and 2 10/12s but i dont know how to take pics andu them could you help me out?
if you can scan them then just add the image in your answer to the thread, or take a pic with your phone and send it by email then save on laptop and upload it in your answer, im really curious to see your answers, I need to get an idea of how to achieve those marks
P.S.
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Ok and are you doing the same spec as me? (AQA Religious Studies B)
And also, is that how simple each sentence has to be? Thanks for the advice by the way
Tbh.....I’m not really sure what rs A or rs B is....
I’m doing my exam on Wednesday with 25mins on Christianity, 25 min on Islam and 55 min on thematic q
Also, this is exactly the sentence starters our rs department have taught since start of year 10...
If your are doing something different perhaps the sentence starters are different, so I’m sorry if I mislead you.
Why don’t you email your rs teacher
Also good luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of the Arts London
    MA Innovation Management Open Day Postgraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (37)
11.31%
I used to but I don't now (12)
3.67%
No, but I want to start (116)
35.47%
No, I am unable to (73)
22.32%
No, I chose not to (89)
27.22%