Cody69
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hello. I have submitted my final asessement late , at 24 h and 1 minute past the official deadline and I am afraid I will fail the module due to the fact I will get a grade of zero. Please tell me, in case I fail a module of 3 will I fail the whole course?Considering we were asked to choose in the first semester to take up 2 or 3 modules and in the second semester 3 or 2, depending of what we chose in the first semester?
Michiyo
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Cody69)
Hello. I have submitted my final asessement late , at 24 h and 1 minute past the official deadline and I am afraid I will fail the module due to the fact I will get a grade of zero. Please tell me, in case I fail a module of 3 will I fail the whole course?Considering we were asked to choose in the first semester to take up 2 or 3 modules and in the second semester 3 or 2, depending of what we chose in the first semester?
Hello! :hugs:

That depends on the module's status. If it is a core module, you have to pass it. If it is a compulsory module, you do not have to pass it, but you will not be able to take modules requiring that module and you might not be eligible for an award if you fail it. Optional modules are similar to compulsory modules, but if it is not required for your degree or for any modules you need to take in the future, you might still pass overall even if you fail one. At my university, at least, in order to be eligible for an Honours degree, we need 330 credits (we can take 360 credits in total), meaning someone at my university could fail a 30 credits module or two 15 credits modules and still get an Honours degree.

I suggest talking to your lecturer, department or university about this. You were only one minute late, so you might be able to submit a late submission form and get the mark you would have got had you submitted it on time anyway.
Cody69
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hello !
Thank you for replying and letting me know all this. I am not sure what you mean by compulsory modules. We have option modules and one core module. I have started my master degree with the second semester and the core module is in semester I . We were asked to choose 3 option modules in the second semester (the one I started with) and 2 for the next semester or viceversa 2 optional modules for the second semester and 3 for the first which has a core module anyway.I think I ll fail one of the optional module and I m thinking of choosing another if that is possible , in the first semester. The problem is my studies are funded by a loan. Will I still be able to be awarded if i fail one of the modules?What do you think?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (14)
6.6%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
16.04%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (35)
16.51%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (31)
14.62%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (57)
26.89%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (41)
19.34%

Watched Threads