My Body Watch

MasochistMatthew
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Well... I am 14 years old and everyone says I am fat. I am 5'1 foot and I weigh about 70kg. I would say I am fat, but my parents and friends tell me I would never get a man like that ever. Is that true? I try to diet but I always crave more in the end and I stop, will I ever get better, or will I die alone with my fat??
natty_b
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by MasochistMatthew)
Well... I am 14 years old and everyone says I am fat. I am 5'1 foot and I weigh about 70kg. I would say I am fat, but my parents and friends tell me I would never get a man like that ever. Is that true? I try to diet but I always crave more in the end and I stop, will I ever get better, or will I die alone with my fat??
I reckon you should start working on your confidence and then attempt another diet if you're feeling up to it. For losing fat you'll want to eat less but have more filling meals (a calorie deficit is good but don't stop eating completely). You might also want to take up exercise to help you out (it can even be something simple like a walk to the park). Tbh it could be puppy fat which'll reduce when you stop growing but you should definitely try to love yourself and build confidence
MasochistMatthew
Rep:
?
(Original post by natty_b)
I reckon you should start working on your confidence and then attempt another diet if you're feeling up to it. For losing fat you'll want to eat less but have more filling meals (a calorie deficit is good but don't stop eating completely). You might also want to take up exercise to help you out (it can even be something simple like a walk to the park). Tbh it could be puppy fat which'll reduce when you stop growing but you should definitely try to love yourself and build confidence
Thank you so much!! It hurts to be told that but i put a great act in front of everyone... thank you for reading my post and spending time to message me! Thanks again... this really helped
Adelle24
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
You shouldn't listen to what anyone says because you should be be ashamed of who you are whether you may be fat or short . They should love you for who you are and want to be . But if it affects you that much then maybe try to loose weight so you can accept yourself
natty_b
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Thank you so much!! It hurts to be told that but i put a great act in front of everyone... thank you for reading my post and spending time to message me! Thanks again... this really helped
It's alright
MasochistMatthew
Rep:
?
(Original post by Adelle24)
You shouldn't listen to what anyone says because you should be be ashamed of who you are whether you may be fat or short . They should love you for who you are and want to be . But if it affects you that much then maybe try to loose weight so you can accept yourself
Thank you!! Thank you!! I will try to lose weight... thank you for caring!
Anonymous #1
Report 10 months ago
Bit of advice for the future: always, always do what makes you happy and don’t listen to random opinions. Be bullet proof. If you want to lose weight, do it because you want to. Start slow, drink loads of water and start exercising. Can be a 20 minute walk, a 10 minute run, 5 mins on the bike, it doesn’t matter but do what you can and build up. So many people push themselves early on and either find it too difficult or lose focus. Diet is difficult because I don’t know what you’re eating day to day.

All the best kid.
MasochistMatthew
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
Bit of advice for the future: always, always do what makes you happy and don’t listen to random opinions. Be bullet proof. If you want to lose weight, do it because you want to. Start slow, drink loads of water and start exercising. Can be a 20 minute walk, a 10 minute run, 5 mins on the bike, it doesn’t matter but do what you can and build up. So many people push themselves early on and either find it too difficult or lose focus. Diet is difficult because I don’t know what you’re eating day to day.

All the best kid.
Thank you so much... it is amazing that people are helping me... I thought I'd be alone here as well!!! Thank you kind stranger!
jadys10
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Stay strong! It’s your outlook on life that’s most important. You shouldn’t be too fixated on your weight but work on your mindset first. Happy mind equals happy body.

Maybe you’re friends are concerned for your health?

With the diet thing, it’s sometimes hard to get it right, it works differently for different people. I really think this YouTuber gives really good advice on weight loss/mindset, it’s English subbed: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yKDGNjhuzBk
MasochistMatthew
Rep:
?
(Original post by jadys10)
Stay strong! It’s your outlook on life that’s most important. You shouldn’t be too fixated on your weight but work on your mindset first. Happy mind equals happy body.

Maybe you’re friends are concerned for your health?

With the diet thing, it’s sometimes hard to get it right, it works differently for different people. I really think this YouTuber gives really good advice on weight loss/mindset, it’s English subbed: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yKDGNjhuzBk
Thank you so much... that youtube video is really interesting! Thank you!!!!!
shameful_burrito
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hey, don’t mind those people. They sound really rude. Although do exercise for the health benefits
MasochistMatthew
Rep:
?
(Original post by shameful_burrito)
Hey, don’t mind those people. They sound really rude. Although do exercise for the health benefits
Thank you for that word of advice! I exercise weekly because of time issues, and i barely get enough sleep as it is, but i am thinking about joining a sport club maybe!! Thank you so much for caring!!
Mrs.Grey
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Your parents and friends are completely wrong and quite pathetic to say that to you. You're a growing individual, it's just so wrong that they can say that. Trying to find a partner shouldn't be their concern for you being overweight. Diets are not the best way to go, try to eat lesser portions and cut out the bad things that you eat (you know what they are) and watch yourself blossom. No one can say if you will get better or if you will die alone with your fat but make the most of now and try to better yourself. Stay strong and remember you can get through this. All the best .
MasochistMatthew
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mrs.Grey)
Your parents and friends are completely wrong and quite pathetic to say that to you. You're a growing individual, it's just so wrong that they can say that. Trying to find a partner shouldn't be their concern for you being overweight. Diets are not the best way to go, try to eat lesser portions and cut out the bad things that you eat (you know what they are) and watch yourself blossom. No one can say if you will get better or if you will die alone with your fat but make the most of now and try to better yourself. Stay strong and remember you can get through this. All the best .
Thank you so much, you made me cry with this beautiful message! Thanks again! I hope u have a wonderful weekend!!!
Mrs.Grey
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Thank you so much, you made me cry with this beautiful message! Thanks again! I hope u have a wonderful weekend!!!
Aww bless and I'm glad you're so touched. I'm sorry a loved one didn't say it to you but honestly stay strong. I believe in you
MasochistMatthew
Rep:
?
Thank you all!! You guys are truly angels! Thanks
jadys10
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Thank you so much... that youtube video is really interesting! Thank you!!!!!

There’s something she says towards the end that I think really relates at 12mins in, if you don’t have the endurance/willpower, your diet will never be successful, and it will be harder to find the motivation to diet again.

I think this also applies to every day life, not just dieting, when you have the motivation, whatever setback you get, you’ll still be able to achieve the goal.

Change the plan, never the goal.

and side note - your parents really shouldn’t be causing you to worry about finding someone at 14y/o, you have a lot of other things to be concerned about like finding new hobbies and visiting new places - don’t worry about it, if it’ll happen, it’ll happen, your time will come
MathQS
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Thank you so much... it is amazing that people are helping me... I thought I'd be alone here as well!!! Thank you kind stranger!
You don't necessarily have to eat less. My diet is awful, but I always make up for it by working out. Suppose that my daily maintenance calories is 2500 calories and I eat some ice cream or biscuits that sends me over to 3500 calories. I would burn those 1000 calories that same day or the next morning by doing some cardio and weight lifting.

Find out your goal weight and the rate at which you would like to achieve it. Would you like to lose 1 lb a week? 2 lb a week? Suppose you decide to lose 1lb a week, 1lb of fat loss is equivalent to 3500 calories. So if your net calories is 2000 everyday and you decide to reduce your net calories to 1500 everyday for 1 week you will lose about 1lb.

Net calories = calories consumed - calories burned.

So if you eat 2500 calories and burn 1000 calories then your net would be 1500 calories and it would be like you only ate 1500 calories for that day
UDZ
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Don't diet, eat healthier. It'll help in many more ways than just losing weight.

You should really exercise -- nothing major, just enough for general wellbeing.

But more important than those two is just to work on your confidence. Hold your head high and your shoulders back
Joleee
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 18
Report 10 months ago
Mrs Grey is most definitely right. plus you're only 14! puberty will do strange things to you. i was a chubby kid and thought the way you do, but then i hit 14-15 and i grew a bit and started slimming down, and i got totally hot (lol just kidding, except not really...i got totally hot ).

i think it's just that time of year (exam stress!) and we're all feeling a bit tired and anxious. make sure you take time to take care of yourself!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (59)
15.13%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (38)
9.74%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (74)
18.97%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (59)
15.13%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (43)
11.03%
How can I be the best version of myself? (117)
30%

Watched Threads